KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work as a Senior within the embedded software team to create and design embedded software for execution on bare metal microcontrollers (such as ARM Cortex).
• Serve as a technical lead and provide consultancy during the early stages of software design.
• Work with internal/external clients to define requirements, develop architectures, estimate schedule timelines and plan sprints.
• Identify project risks&ops and make creative recommendations to minimize impacts in the project and mitigate risks making the most of the opportunities.
• Identify and define work packages to be outsourced. Manage the suppliers to meet project planning and deliverable quality.
• Communicate work progress and design details to internal/external clients and teams.
• Conduct/participate in design reviews to provide technical feedback on product designs and quality.
• Represent the software team in any internal/external audits.
• Support meetings internally and with customers to discuss technical issues
• Creation and maintenance of detailed software requirements documentation based on customer and internal specifications, reviews, and clarifications.
We are looking for a Senior Embedded Software engineer to strengthen our power electronics team division providing guidance, support, and training to other SW team members across all software development cycle in the projects which shall meet Automotive SPICE and/or ISO 26262.
You will solve and coordinate all necessary Embedded SW technical issues during the development of the product within BorgWarner and towards the customer. You will work and grow in a new electronics group, building a promising global technical center who will support projects and divisions all over the world. Laboratory facilities are available in the workspace.
Thanks to the proximity to our product production plant, you will see the result of your work. Multicultural interaction within our technical centers located in Germany, China, Ireland and the US. Direct contact with the customer and suppliers.
System, Mechanical, Electronics, Quality and Program Management areas work and interact very often in a multi-location environment (Portugal, Ireland, Spain, Germany). English based communication.
Document your software designs and architecture to meet Automotive SPICE and ISO26262 supporting the audits.
• Conduct software unit tests to exercise your implemented functionality.
• Share standard methodologies with colleagues.
• Be a creative element that delivers innovative solutions from concept to production