Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a world-class procurement organisation and can you engage senior stakeholders in the Marine Business Units? Do you have the skills and will to lead procurement projects in a fast paced environment to identify optimization opportunities in a technically challenging category? Do you have a proven record of managing supplier relationships with tangible outcome? Then you may be the person that we are looking for!
With base in Copenhagen, Maersk Group Procurement is looking for a candidate with experience in category management & Supplier Relationship Management, project procurement and contracting within our Category Management Vessels team.
A career as an internal procurement consultant in a Fortune 500 company: For Group Procurement, fast growth means a steady stream of new challenges, and a constant need for new ideas, knowledge and talent to overcome them. Our internal stakeholders demand high performance so your creativity, ambition and problem-solving skills will be put to the test every day.
The opportunity to work in a truly global team on projects around the world: You will join an organization with the size and global reach it takes for you to make your mark on the world. We work out of offices in Copenhagen, Shanghai, Mumbai, Manila and Singapore.
A fast paced and dynamic environment with distinct respect for the individual: Our vision is to make sure that every dollar spent at Maersk is spent professionally. From involvement in just 1% of the Group’s spend in 2001 to more than 20 billion USD today.
In addition, we have a clear focus on professional and personal development:
• An environment where you will experience a high degree of empowerment in category strategy development and when implementing innovative solutions.
• Leadership challenges where you are required to drive changes through others
• Extensive formal training focused on improving your ‘on the job’ hard and soft skills & capabilities
Providing insightful market intelligence and developing category and market approach strategies
• In cross-functional teams lead contracting & category sourcing processes
• In close partnership with stakeholders, drive Strategic supplier relationship management with tangible results
• Facilitation of executive level meetings and alignment of supplier strategies and collaboration
• Long term Category Planning and execution
• Leading creative idea generation workshops with suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Mapping and analyzing data on current spend & material consumption patterns and identifying cost drivers and opportunities
• Communicating complicated messages in compelling ways to senior levels within the businesses,
• Leading the preparation and executing negotiations in cross-functional teams
• Creating and implementing strategies for strategic spend categories
• Supplier portfolio development across business units regionally as well as globally
• Active collaboration and engagement with suppliers and internal stakeholders
• Supporting projects and investments decided in cooperation with the operating units
• Ensuring strategic fit and risk management for various projects
• Updating the stakeholders on the market situation and act as a professional business partner, challenging the status quo
Who we are looking forOur internal stakeholders are highly skilled & well-educated engineers, with a vast work experience and nationalities – so it is important that you have the right interpersonal skills and are able to appreciate technical challenges. You thrive in a dynamic environment and are a true team player with the ability to debate technical issues based on strong communication and comprehension, as well as sharp analytical skills.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Understanding of stakeholder management excellence & supplier relationship management and can optimize these bonds in a fast paced environment,
• The ability to work well in a team and with your colleagues reach both own and common goals.
• Knowledge from e.g. Maritime, Automotive, Aerospace, Defense, Electrical, or Heavy industry
• Specific market knowledge within Marine Power and Propulsion equipment would be an advantage.
• A profound experience from Category management
• Background in consultancy and/or 6-8 years of experience with strategic procurement, strategic contract management and category management, working in the interface between technical and commercial environments in a medium to large company,
• You most likely have a master degree within Engineering or Business Administration and as you will be working in a highly business oriented environment with many technical stakeholders, it is essential that you have an interest for both disciplines
• Project procurement experience, either in CAPEX procurement, Maker’s Management or cost reduction programs,
• Ability to apply category specific levers to identify improvement opportunities,
• Negotiation experience in an international environment,
• An eye for details and great English language skills
For further information, please contact: HR Business Partner, Timea Kovats +45 3363 5117.
The Maersk Group is a worldwide organization with about 89.000 employees and offices in around 130 countries. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, Maersk is also involved in a wide range of activities within the energy, shipping and manufacturing industries. In 2014, Maersk Group was no. 172 in the Fortune Global 500 listing.