TREMEC Belgium, is part of the international group TREMEC Corporation with over 2,100 employees. At our unit in Zedelgem (near Bruges), our more than 250 engineers and colleagues work on the development, testing, prototyping and production of high-technology transmission systems and subsystems for high-performance, top-of-the-line vehicles.
- As Senior Buyer, you are responsible for leading the purchasing function to meet and execute year-over-year cost reductions using traditional and non-traditional methods.
- You will identify, analyse and execute business opportunities in order to generate sustainable benefits for the company.
- You will support all plants within a region in a matrix organization and insure supplier performance and accomplishment with the TREMEC Quality System. This entails the Senior Buyer has to be able to travel 20% of the time and periodically work non-traditional business hours to manage a global environment.
- You preferably have a master's degree in Industrial Engineering, Electromechanics or Design and Production Technology.
- You have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in procurement in the automotive industry environment (tier 1 or tier 2).
- You have a strong technical insight in combination with a commercial flair. Experience with the various production processes for mechanical parts is seen as an asset.
- You possess strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- You have good interpersonal and leadership skills in order to work with people at all levels within and outside TREMEC globally in a professional manner.
- You have knowledge of IATF 16949 or QS-9000 Quality Specifications.
- You have insight into the logistical flow of goods and experience with an ERP package (SAP).
- You are stress resistant, have the necessary perseverance and excellent problem solving skills.
- You are able to travel 20% of the time and periodically work non-traditional business hours.
- You are fluent in English. Knowledge of German, French and Dutch is an added value.
What we offer:
- A supportive climate where you get on-the-job training that is tailored to your skills and in line with our needs.
- A high-tech environment that is full of creative and technical talent.
- A varied job, where you will be continually expanding your knowledge.
- A dynamic work atmosphere, good opportunities for training and growth, an organisation with a low-level hierarchy, an inspiring company culture and an attractive remuneration package.