Quanturi, the leader in IoT monitoring solutions and data services for the farming and forest industry is seeking a Senior Backend Developer who will be responsible for the development of all server-side logic, the extension and maintenance of the central database, and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end.
The position is located at our Corporate Office in Espoo, Finland.
Our dream candidate is familiar with the full software lifecycle, can adapt quickly with a small, collaborative team, and thrives on envisioning, building, and implementing new products from scratch. You will be part of an international team who is building exciting new products in a startup environment, catering to countries around the world.
- Extend and maintain the backend for highly performing web applications that interact with large amount of data.
- Manage hosting environment, including database administration.
- Develop a scalable infrastructure, which hosts a variety of web applications and APIs.
- Develop, build and run highly-scalable, high-performance and robust data-services.
- Integrate the front-end elements built by your coworkers into the application.
- Optimize the application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Implement security and data protection.
- Setup and administrate backups.
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have
- 5 to 10 years in developing backend systems and database.
- Proficiency with AWS, node.js and MongoDB.
- Client-Server protocol & API design skills.
- Experience in managing host environments, implementing automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Deep knowledge of user authentication, authorization and session management in a distributed server environment.
- Deep understanding of front-end technologies.
- Experience in IoT projects and machine learning is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.