You are looking for the place where you can work with the newest technology, on an application used daily by tens of thousand users and growing while improving the world of medical knowledge? Does that make you excited? Then we are looking for you as our new Senior Android Developer (f/m)!
AMBOSSians thrive on the quality and passion of their work our users expect nothing else. We want you to take full ownership and become proud of your work! Are you ready to improve healthcare by combining medical knowledge with 21st-century digital tools? Then join us in this amazing and rewarding journey of making physicians around the world succeed in their demanding profession!
As Senior Android Developer (f/m) at AMBOSS, your creations will help medical students and professionals understand and navigate the exploding mountain of medical knowledge. You’ll do this by:
● Delivering the highest quality applications while working in collaboration with a passionate cross-functional team of designers and backend developers
● Managing sprint cycles to release features to the product that delight users
● Brainstorming with the engineering team to shape UX and API design
● Taking ownership of mobile coding guidelines while shaping and improving best practices
● Facilitating our culture of continuous learning where you freely give feedback to improve the development of the engineering team
A Senior Android Developer (f/m) at AMBOSS needs to get excited about applications and understands how they can improve lives. The following is what we would be looking for:
● You have released apps in the app store and have a great understanding how to
build successful apps
● Ideally, you have experience working on an existing codebase with a strong
established user base
● 3+ years of experience with Java/Kotlin, most importantly you can prove an excellent
understanding of mobile platforms and their unique features/technologies
● Expert understanding of engineering practices, design patterns, testing and
● Understanding of libraries like RxJava, Dagger, Retrofit
● Experience with Android Studio, JIRA, Zeplin, and Github or similar tools would be
● Experience with React Native or other cross-platform technologies is a plus
● Communicating in English comes naturally to you
We offer you all the tools needed to manage a well balanced work-life. We give you the chance to work with flexible work hours, home office opportunities and flat organizational hierarchies. Our office is equipped with everything you need to feel at home and have fun while having a positive impact on the world. A few of the things you can do at our office are:
● Joining one of our courses or team trainings - English & German classes, sports
● Cooking a meal in our fully stocked kitchen, or better joining a home cooked lunch
from our chef
● Meeting colleagues at our Italian espresso machine for a friendly talk
● Enjoying the sun from one of our many balconies
● Staying healthy with our sponsored Urban Sports membership
We believe that it is not possible to put every type of diversity into words. We always have and always will live with the intention that every person, from every background and demographic, is welcome. Whoever you are, and wherever you come from, we believe you have something to add to our mission.
Does that read like the place you have been looking for? Apply today we are looking forward to receiving your information.
If you need any more information or help please don’t hesitate to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, Alexander Kootstra loves to hear from you.