Discover how our diverse, talented people are leading the way in making energy cleaner and better – and how you can play your part in our world-class team.
Join our team and advance your career as a Retail Site Support Junior Accountant – Polish Speaking
If you join our Retail Site Support team, you may have the following responsibilities:
- Support delivery of Reporting services to the business(es)
- Execution of timely monthly, quarterly and annual close processes, and accurate reporting in accordance with Finance Standards and Practices in liaison with the relevant Business.
- Support the delivery of timely and accurate statutory accounts and Tax analyses through liaison with Statutory/Tax Reporting teams and external auditors.
- The Specialist will work on daily booking and reconcilation of transactions submitted by Partners and/or assist other Retail Site Support SMEs on more complex tasks.
- Each Retail Site Support Junior Accountant role will be exposed to issues facing the partners, and Retail Site Support Junior Accountant are required to develop an understanding of the partners processes and business in order to be able to deliver a quality service.
- The role may be assigned to assist a specific SME or Lead, or to manage a less complex portfolio.
- Support Business and Partners in understanding General Ledger.
- Support the General Ledgers relating to assigned Partners including reviewing and/or processing Journals for the Business e.g. allocations and adjustments
- Work in conjunction with the Statutory and Tax team to produce statutory accounts and tax submissions
- Support the Indirect Tax Team where necessary, Internal Control – Produce reconciliations (and supporting evidence where necessary) to ensure the BSC meets its Balance Sheet Integrity obligations. Review and test control compliance
- Work with and review work of Outsourced Service Provdiers
- Work with other BSC Process Teams including Payables, Cash & Banking Accounts Payable to ensure data entering ledgers is high quality and accurate.
In the Retail Site Support Junior Accountant role we have the following requirements:
- Advanced Polish language knowledge
- Good level of analytical skills, numeracy and financial awareness
- Customer- and service-oriented thinking,
- Readiness for action and ability to work under pressure,
- Self confident appearance in relations to the internal and outside world
- Strong communication and cooperation skills
- Good communication and cooperation skills
At BP we provide the following environment & benefits to you:
- a company culture where we respect our diverse and unified teams, where we are proud of our achievements and where fun and the mindset of giving back to our environment are highly valued
- possibility to join our social communities and networks
- chill-out and collaboration spaces in a modern office environment
- learning opportunities, language courses and other development opportunities to shape and advance your career path
- different bonus opportunities based on performance, wide range of cafeteria elements
- life & health insurance, medical care package
- company laptop
- phone for private usage
- opportunity to work from home: up to 2 days / week based on team agreement
We are a global energy business, involved in every aspect of the complex energy system that drives our world. Today’s growing world is demanding more energy, as well as a path to a low carbon future. For more than 100 years, the people of BP have been adapting to the world’s ever-changing demands. At every turn, we’re improving how we deliver heat, light and mobility to help people everywhere keep advancing.