BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients - individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Global Markets Operational and Permanent Control (GM OPC) set-up faces increasing Regulatory and Conduct demands beyond pure Operational Risk. As part of Strategy Conduct and Risk (SCR), GM OPC operates over the 3 main regions, through the three following Practices:
- Operational Risk Practice: contribute to protect the business (P&L, reputation)
- Regulatory Practice: support any regulatory requirement with a sustainable framework, in line with the dedicated Governance, Control Plan & Risk Assessment
- Conduct Practice: assess and challenge the effectiveness of the Conduct control set-up as well as ensure a full convergence between Conduct Risk Identification (CRI), Risk and Control Self-Assessment – RCSA).
The three Practices are further supported by three transversal Streams – Protection (Management and monitoring of incidents, remediation actions and recommendations), Prevention (Deploying RCSA and contribute to Operational risk computation) and Supervision (Validation process and Coordinating the internal control Governance and other Regulatory-based committees).
Objectives of the position:
- Contribute to the regular reporting on the main operational risk indicators
- Implement digital solutions to automate, develop and increase accuracy of reporting
Main tasks of the job will be:
- Liaise & Interact with OPC teams worldwide on a daily basis
- Provide regular reporting on the main operational risk indicators (Historical Incidents, Recommendations, Control results)
- Provide digital solutions and proactively suggest improvements on reports on a continuous basis
- Build reporting, dashboards, templates addressed to internal and external stakeholders
- Showing initiative in suggesting improvements on reports, produce them on the pre-defined schedule;
- Use different tools to collect and analyze data, as well as structuring queries and performing routine maintenance of reports
- Ensure data input & quality check
- Support the execution of governance committees and presentations
- Participate to analysis on process, risk review and risk reduction programs
- Support the OPC team with Ad-Hoc requests (reporting, regulatory, etc.)
- Degree in Management, Finance, Science, Maths, Engineering on Top Tier international Business School
- 6 months to 2 year previous experience as a data analyst
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and MS Office tools
- Good programing skills (Python, SQL, VBA)
- Good awareness of Operational risk and fundamental risk concepts
- Analytical and quantitative skills
- Precision, rigorousness
- Reliability, capacity to deliver
- Autonomy, proactivity
- An entrepreneurial attitude and a willingness to learn
- Team spirit, ability to work with others
- Ability to communicate clearly in both oral and written form (English)
- Experience in investment banking is an advantage.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.