This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and newly qualified Staff Nurses (Registered Psychiatric Nurses) to play an integral and active role in a committed Multidisciplinary Team to make a significant contribution in the development of mental health rehabilitation.
The Staff Nurse will work with residents with severe and enduring mental illness and complex needs who have had prolonged episodes of severe and enduring mental illness to recover and to regain the skills and confidence required to live an independent life.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Accountability for the provision of a professional, efficient and effective nursing service of the highest standard and ethical responsibility.
- Practice nursing in accordance with the professional code as laid down by An Bord Altranais and the organisations policies and procedures.
- Ensure safe custody, accurate recording and administration of drugs in accordance with established the physical, psychological, sociocultural, spiritual and vocational needs of the patient/resident. Plan, implement and evaluate individualised patient care programmes within the agreed framework for practice.
- Adapt a collaborative approach to patient care through the co-ordination of care and interventions provided by other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
- Participate in clinical induction, teaching and education programmes for support staff.
- Maintain appropriate and accurate records regarding patient care.
- Follow appropriate rules of authority within the nurse management structure.
- Take management responsibility for the unit in the absence of the clinical nurse manager.
- Participate as a team member in all aspects of patient care and delegate work to team members as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a high degree of motivation and assume responsibility for professional self-development.
- Maintain good interpersonal relationships with patients, families, visitors and staff.
- Act as an advocate for the patient and their families to ensure that they are appropriately informed and counselled regarding their care needs.
- Participate in the setting of professional standards, understand and co-operate with the need to measure and audit the effectiveness of care delivery.
- Utilise the resources provided in an effective and economic manner. Co-operate in the rostering of nursing and support staff to ensure optimum use of nursing resources.
The successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- A Registered Psychiatric Nurse (with An Bord Altranais or with eligibility to register).
- Possess post registration nursing experience in adult mental health services/rehabilitation mental services services/community based mental health services.
- Have established clinical experience in the area of mental health rehabilitation and serious and enduring mental health conditions.
- Possess the requisite knowledge and ability including a high standard of suitability and clinical, managerial and administrative competencies.
- Possess a strong knowledge of the Mental Health Commission requirements.
- Energetic individual with clinical experience in working with a team of diverse clinicians and strong knowledge of the concepts and operation of clinical governance.
- Ability to lead, teach, manage, participate and play a key role in the practice education of student nurses and healthcare staff and promote and engage in the teaching/training/support of others as appropriate.
- Have a good knowledge and experience of health, safety and other statutory regulations affecting a healthcare organisation.
- Demonstrate evidence of continuing professional development.
Bloomfield Health Services offers a competitive package and the salary will be aligned to the HSE Consolidated Pay Scale for Mental Heath Staff Nurse.
Our Benefits Include:
- Family friendly working arrangements
- Fixed roster patterns
- Generous healthcare staff shift premiums (25% night duty, double time Sundays and bank holidays)
- Contributory pension
- Career development
- Comprehensive training programmes
- Further education supports
- On-site library and research facility
- Bloom Together employee well-being programme
- Employee assistance programme
- Free onsite staff parking
- Subsidised restaurant
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tax saver commuter tickets
Bloomfield Health Services is an independent not for profit healthcare provider located at the foot of the Dublin Mountains at Stocking Lane in Rathfarnham Dublin 16. It commenced its service provision in 1812 and was originally located in Donnybrook Dublin 4 until 2005 when it moved to its current location which provides a state of the art environment for the care and treatment of its patients and residents. Bloomfield Health Services is owned by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) and is based on their ethos and principles.
The Centre at Rathfarnham consists of two services.
This service is a 114 bed Mental Health Hospital, registered as an approved centre with the Mental Health Commission. Bloomfield Hospital provides specialist Neuropsychiatric assessment and continuing care services for individuals with complex mental health needs on a national basis and also specialises in the provision of mental health services to adults and older persons with serious and enduring mental health needs. We also provide specialist palliative care to individuals with mental health needs. Registered as an approved centre with the Mental Health Commission, Bloomfield Hospital continues to develop its leadership role in innovative and effective treatment programmes for its patients. Referrals are accepted nationally. While providing excellence in clinical treatment and care to patients and their families, we are committed to training healthcare professionals and to conducting clinical research designed to enhance treatment programmes for the continued improvement of outcomes for patients and residents and the overall enhancement of their quality of life. It has formal academic links with Trinity College Dublin.
New Lodge Nursing Home
This service is a 36 bed Nursing Home, registered with the Health Information & Quality Authority. It provides for excellence in delivery of care and treatment to frail Older Persons and Adults in comfortable and well designed environment.
Our ability to innovate and deliver on the promise of a being a leader in the provision of quality treatment, care and best practice is made possible through our team of highly trained, dedicated and committed professionals within our medical, nursing, clinical and support services here at Bloomfield Health Services.