Maersk Group Procurement is looking for a Project Procurement Specialist with experience from upstream Oil & Gas category management and/or major CAPEX project procurement to join our Oil & Gas Category Management team to focus on strategic and field development project procurement activities such as:
• Guiding and participating in complex onshore and offshore CAPEX projects
• (Experience in) developing and managing EPC contract
• Understanding of projects phases and dynamics
• Developing procurement & contracting strategies
• Managing Request for Proposals and Tenders
• Supplier relationship management
• Negotiating contracts and frame agreements
• Stakeholder collaboration on multiple levels
A career in a Fortune 500 company:
For Group Procurement, fast growth means a steady stream of exciting challenges. A key position supporting Maersk Oil - one of the main drivers of growth for the company with a large portfolio of future projects.
An opportunity to work on major development projects around the world: Your relationship with Maersk Oil provides you opportunities to work globally with our offices in Angola, Qatar, Kazakhstan, Esbjerg, Aberdeen, Houston and Copenhagen.
A fast paced environment with respect for the individual: Our goal is to ensure that every dollar spent at Maersk is spent professionally. From involvement in just 1% of the Group’s spend in 2001 to more than 20 billion USD today Group Procurement is a leading business unit within Maersk with a strong focus on professional and personal development.
You will be involved in developing and implementing procurement strategies for major CAPEX projects and strategic spend categories:
• Supporting Maersk Oil in developing procurement and contracting strategies
• Developing Category strategies in collaboration with technical community and the Operating Assests Procurement organization
• Gathering and analyzing business and market intelligence to assist strategic decision making
• Developing cost models as an evaluation tool to support project development and supplier selection
• Managing Tenders and develop contracts
On an operational level you will also be involved in:
• Supplier portfolio development across business units globally
• Active collaboration and engagement with suppliers
• Supporting projects and investments
• Ensuring strategic fit and risk management on major projects
Who we are looking for
You have been actively involved in project activities for a minimum of 3-5 years, where you have acquired experience in project procurement and category management.
It is a prerequisite that you have strong knowledge of the upstream oil & gas industry. Experience from key Categories within Subsea and also EPC Fabrication / Engineering is key.
If you are our ideal candidate you come with a background as a Project Procurement Manager or Lead, Contracts Manager, Category Manager, Procurement Manager or Contract Engineer and a proven track record of:
• CAPEX Project Procurement
• EPC contracting
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Technical understanding of key project components
• Proactive collaboration with suppliers, business partners and key stakeholders
• Business acumen
• You thrive in a dynamic work environment where challenges drive outstanding performance
• You are a good communicator and have a passion for project and stakeholder collaboration
For further information, please contact: Head of Category Management, Oil & Gas, Niels Neergaard +3363 4165 or Recruitment Partner, Iben Christoffersen +45 3363 5711.
The Maersk Group is a worldwide organization with about 89.000 employees and offices in around 130 countries. In addition to owning one of the world’s largest shipping companies, Maersk is also involved in a wide range of activities within the energy, shipping and manufacturing industries. In 2014, Maersk Group was no. 172 in the Fortune Global 500 listing.