Within the product development department we are looking for an experienced Project Leader to join the centrifugal team.
This team is responsible for developing and maintaining centrifugal products and technology. Developments can be starting from a blank paper to upgrading current products as well as searching for innovations together with the R&D-cell and external parties like universities.
The team oversees the entire process from research, design, testing prototypes and entering serial production. As a project leader you guide a cross functional team from the engineering phase to final series production, while safeguarding the project scope, timing and budget. You manage all risks and issues in a structured way. You are responsible for defining the project specifications together with all stakeholders and for setting up the entire project approach and plan. On a regular base you report to management and you maintain a good relation with the customer. You work according to the NPPI (New Product and Process Introduction) process to guarantee product- and process quality.
As a project leader of a product development project, you also are responsible for the technical part of the project.
· Safeguarding of technical coherence during the design phase, supported by the newest CAD-CAE and development tools.
· Setting up a test program in cooperation with the test engineer
· Evaluating the test results, together with the test engineer and technology engineer
· Guiding from concept to industrialization, in close cooperation with the process- and production engineers, procurement department and suppliers.
Your product development team will consist out of specialists from different disciplines like aerodynamic engineers, mechanical engineers, designers, structural engineers, rotordynamic specialists, test engineers, software engineers… Also members from other departments will join your team, like procurement, process and production. You operate in an international setting where engineering and production are not necessarily at the same location.
- You have already a first working experience.
- Project management principles are familiar to you. (PMP/PRINCE2… is a plus)
- Fluent in English; Dutch is a plus
Master (of Science) in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent by experience.
- You are an entrepreneur.
- You make (technical) decisions in tough situations, consider risks and take responsibility of the decisions taken, whilst maintaining project scope, timing & budget.
- You implement decisions according to agreement and plans, you stand firm in the implementations.
- You enjoy working in teams within an international and multidisciplinary environment. You can motivate and inspire people with different backgrounds and personalities.
- You recruit the right persons for the right tasks in your project team; you clearly define each ones role
- You are able to process big amounts of information whilst keeping focus on the important things. You have common sense.
- You have a critical mind, you work accurate and take initiative. Decisions are based on facts and numbers.
- The dynamic environment of product development energizes you. You handle the pressure and coach your team.
- You are flexible and think outside the box. You challenge the status-quo and you search for opportunities.
- You are challenged by complex problems, but you like simple and elegant solutions.
- You express yourself clearly, concisely and effectively. You communicate straight forwardly without fear of raising ‘red flags'.
- You are willing to travel abroad.
Diversified tasks with a broad range of development opportunities at a constantly growing and innovative global player
Support and possibilities to grow in your career
A familiarization phase of several months with support of an experienced mentor
A good work-life balance
A competitive salary with benefits package
The possibility to participate in our car or bicycle lease plan and to join several sport clubs