The Airtec Product Development department is looking for a Project Leader. You will be part of the product engineering team responsible for the development and improvement of various types of compressor elements and vacuum pumps.
As a project leader you are accountable for the realization of the project objectives.
• A project starts with the writing of a clear functional specification and a project master specification. You completely work out the project plan on a task-level detail, and coordinate all activities.
• During the course of the project, you closely follow up and manage the budget, timing, product functional requirements and cost, as agreed upon in the project follow-up meetings with the management.
• To achieve your objectives, you work in a team, where you will lead and steer the team throughout the whole product development process. The project team typically consists of a technology engineer, a designer, a test engineer, a lab mechanic and members from other departments as purchasing, production, logistics etc (possibly and most likely in an international context).
• You work according to the Airtec NPPI (New Product and Process Introduction) process in order to ensure that the demanded product- and process quality is met.
As a project leader of a product development project, you also are responsible for the technical part of the project; this means:
• Safeguarding of technical coherence during the design phase, supported by the newest CAD- and development tools. In this phase it also is important to manage good contacts with the purchasing department and suppliers.
• Setting up a test program in cooperation with the test engineer
• Evaluating the test results, together with the test engineer and technology engineer • Guiding from concept to industrialization, in close cooperation with the process- and production engineers as well as purchasers.
· Experience as a project leader/manager in a technical environment is a must.
· Experience in a product development context is a plus
• You have a technical background, preferably in mechanical engineering, supported by strong analytical skills
• You communicate fluently in English
Master in engineering or equivalent through experience
• You are interested in new technologies and innovation.
• You commit to targets and goals and make decisions based on accurate sources of information. You implement decisions according to agreement and plans, you stand firm in the implementations
• You recruit the right persons for the right tasks in your project team; you clearly define each ones role
• You make decisions in tough situations and considered risks and take responsibility of the decisions taken.
• You set priorities according to importance and urgency, you fulfill tasks in a cost efficient way
• You challenge the status quo, think out-of-the box and seek for opportunities for improvement
• You express yourself clearly, concisely and effectively. You communicate straight forwardly without fear of raising ‘red flags’
Diversified tasks with a broad range of development opportunities at a constantly growing and innovative global player
Support and possibilities to grow in your career
A familiarization phase of several months with support of an experienced mentor
A good work-life balance
A competitive salary with benefits package
The possibility to participate in our car or bicycle lease plan and to join several sport clubs