Project Engineer duties
The Project Engineer will support the Project Manager in managing allocated work from assignment to close out covering all duties related to work delivery as requested by the Project Manager in order to ensure that the work is conducted in a safe, timely and effective manner to its conclusion.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- To prepare drawings, based on given instructions.
- To participate in site related meetings and communicate with site teams.
- To create and maintain good human relations at site.
- To monitor that construction is carried out according to drawings.
- Verify site design changes if required
- To check material shipments and transportation.
- To assure that the correct revisions of drawings, plans, specification and guidelines needed for the project site execution are available.
- To keep track on changes and as-built modifications to basic design drawings.
- To follow-up the project site execution and assist the site staff and client.
Knowledge requirement for Project Engineer:
- A positive attitude and willingness to encourage co-workers
- Excellent communications skills
- Good reporting skills, both internal and external
- The ability to set priorities and exercise flexibility where necessary
- The willingness to accept other job responsibilities as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools
- Proficient in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD plant 3D
- To know way of working at yard and on-board during operation
- Understanding of proper safety procedures and recognition of hazards
- Understanding of Ship propulsion systems and process requirements
- To have the ability to read and understand diagrams, construction & pipe drawings
- Knowledge of automation and electrical systems
- Understanding of project scope, limitations to it and VOR procedure