Program Manager - Fleet Maintenance Management, Deep & Mid Water
A.P. Møller - Mærsk A/S (Maersk Drilling)
Lyngby-Taarbæk, 1 stilling
Lyngby / Local / Project-Process-Performance Management / Ref.: MD-095856
The Maintenance & Material Management section in Maersk Drilling Technical Organisation is looking for a Program Manager capable of driving strategic portfolio planning, maintenance system optimization and coordination of projects within the designated asset type related to Special Periodic Surveys and Major Overhauls keeping the assets in compliance throughout the life cycle.
The Maintenance & Material Management section in the Technical Organization is responsible for the full maintenance system of the Fleet Assets, incl. all major maintenance projects involving our existing fleet and for the development of our project management skills, ensuring that our project managers can deliver the leadership and support necessary to help run a first class fleet of drilling rigs around the world.
In the role as Program Manager you will be responsible for the maintenance system within the designated Asset Type, your own projects and dedicated team, project execution will be at changing locations around the world but primarily offshore Africa and GoM.
Our employees have a multitude of different technical backgrounds and nationalities and the organization is characterized by engagement, professionalism, trust and drive. There are opportunities for individual achievement through team-work. Our working style is informal and focused, and our work environment is ambitious and exciting.
You will be able to grow and develop within our global organization whether it is within Maersk Drilling in Copenhagen or abroad, or through other business units in the A.P. Moller-Maersk Group.
You will be part of a truly international company with our employees representing 65 nationalities. Our strong focus on diversity is a natural outcome of a company with a strong talent focus, mindset and culture. This goes hand in hand with a commitment to inclusion: all employees are valued and treated with respect at all times and we believe that our employees thrive and perform better with a healthy work-life balance.
Major projects with budgets of 10-50 mill USD. Typical projects can be 5 yearly Special Periodic, but it can also be major rig modifications and upgrades or refurbishment of existing equipment and installations.
As Program Manager you will:
• Drive and develop strategic initiatives to reduce the overall Cash Flow impact of maintaining & keeping the assets in technical compliance. This incl. but is not limited to optimize Equipment Exchange Programs, challenging and cooperating with OEM’s to optimize maintenance plans, implement new technology supporting Condition Based Maintenance, etc.
• Drive improvements in all matters, incl. processes, maintenance program optimization, sister rig alignment, etc. within area of responsibility.
• Be responsible Project Management of major rig projects, including on site supervision either offshore or during a port or yard stay.
• Provide leadership and support to project team members.
• Actively set stretched targets and seek opportunities to improve our performance.
• Be responsible for the budget and ensure continued cost control and budget forecasting throughout the projects in your portfolio.
• Monitor and report on project key parameters to key stakeholders, and engage with them in discussions about continuous improvements.
• Ensure that Maersk Drilling project management principles and procedures are followed and actively help improve same.
• Provide support and guidance to the Technical Organisation in general within your areas of expertise and knowledge.
Who we are looking for
You have a theoretical background on a Bachelor's or Master's level as Engineer or a similar technical background such as Chief Engineer. You have relevant project management and leadership experience, preferably from the oil
and gas offshore industry or the maritime industry.
You have proven leadership skills and a desire to develop these further. It is primarily through leadership that you will build high performing teams and deliver good results.
You have a strong focus on delivering quality in your work, you are well structured and systematic and you can maintain an overview while handling several activities in parallel. You enjoy working as part of a team and deliver results through a team effort.
The position will require regular contact and liaising with many different people both internally in Maersk Drilling as well as externally with subcontractors, clients and key stakeholders. You must have good communication and social skills effective across a broad spectrum of nationalities and cultures.
You must expect significant travel activities in periods, including both shorter trips as well as month long stays as required when a rig is shut down for a major Class survey.
You are fluent in English.
For further information, please contact: Head of Fleet Maintenance Management Morten Møller Pedersen, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Maersk Drilling is a core business unit within the A. P. Moller - Maersk Group. We design, develop and operate a global fleet of advanced drilling rigs using cutting edge technology and know-how. Our modern fleet counts 23 drilling rigs including drillships, deepwater semi-submersibles and high-end jack-up rigs. Maersk Drilling employs an international staff of 4,500 people and generated a profit (NOPAT) of USD 478m in 2014. We create value with our customers through a unique service delivery concept where we customize safe, efficient and consistent drilling services. We build our service around our highly skilled and committed work force, our state of the art offshore drilling rigs and our 40 years of experience operating in the most challenging environments. By joining us, you should be prepared for a career that can lead you anywhere. For further information, see http://www.maerskdrilling.com