We are seeking to hire an experienced and passionate Pastry Chef to join our highly-regarded Kitchen with a proud reputation for producing fine dining for every occasion.
Reporting to the Head Chef, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Providing high quality fine dining in keeping with the traditions of the House.
- Design and delivery of fine dining dessert selections for restaurant and functions.
- Provide for all the bakery requirements of the House.
- Assist with effective stock control – including cost control, quality control and seasonal optimisation in conjunction with menu offerings.
- Take active interest in our Walled Garden, which produces organic fruit and vegetables for our Kitchen ensuring that its produce reaches our valued diners.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with dining room staff, including regular updates on the content and make-up of dessert menus.
- Build and maintain strong relationship with Management, including collaborative input into new menus and approaches to food production and or marketing.
- Ownership and control of the cleanliness of the kitchen and food storage areas in keeping with internal standards and industry standards & requirements.
- Maintain and improve upon the already excellent reputation of our Kitchen.
Skills, Qualifications & Personal Attributes:
- Proven track record as a passionate Pastry Chef in a 4 star or 5 star Kitchen (10 years minimum) including banqueting experience.
- Specific Expertise in Pastry and Bakery with solid exposure to world cuisine – knowledge of Asian and European foods, flavours and presentation styles.
- Previous hands-on experience in a top class Kitchen, including stock management, menu production and provision of high quality fine dining.
- Proven track record of excelling in a fast paced and pressurised environment.
- Creative and innovative approach to all aspects of running a successful pastry section.
- Excellent organisation and planning skills.
- Must be passionate, energetic and committed to setting and maintaining high standards in every aspect of daily duties.
- Continuously display dedication, reliability and a strong sense of judgement in the pursuit of excellence.
How to Apply:
If you are a well-regarded leading Chef, or a rising star with a passion for fine dining and a commitment to the behaviours required to build upon and maintain our distinguished reputation, please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com. Please also include a cover letter to outline your track record and achievements to date.