If you want to be part of our dynamic team apply for the post below.
To achieve and deliver the highest possible standard of care in professional manner through direct nursing care and effective supervision of staff members.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Genuine interest in working with the relevant Client group.
- Current Registration with An Bord Altrainis.
- Team Player
- 1st level Nurse
- Experience / qualification in car for relevant Client category.
- Knowledge of HIQA Standards
- Previous supervisory experience
- Ensure that all Staff Members contribute, to the best of their ability, to the efficient running of the Nursing Home and the creation of an atmosphere conducive to the best interests of the Clients.
- Report any ill health amongst Clients and make requests for G.P / Professional visits where necessary.
- Ensure that Clients' Care Plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Clients, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with An Bord Altranais guidelines and Company Policy.
- Assess all aspects of Clients' care needs, and provide health supervision and direct Nursing Care when required.
- Assess social and health care needs of new Clients, and maintain on-going assessments and review all other Clients.
- Maintain accurate records and ensure that each Client within the Nursing Home has an individualised Care Plan. Client Care Plans to be reviewed on a monthly basis or even more frequently as and when required, in accordance with An Bord Altranais guidelines & Company policy.
- Carry out regular checks on Clients at intervals as required. Ensure a clear and concise handover report is given toall relevant Staff Members at the end of each shift.
- Administer prescribed medicines and document the same accordance with the Company's procedure and An Bord Altranais.
- Practice maximum integrity in all dealings with Clients' personal and financial affairs in line with the Financial Policy, and avoid abuse of the privileged relationship which exits with Clients.
- Participate in Staff and Client meetings as and when required.
- Establish and maintain good communication with Clients, Relatives and with the multidisciplinary team.
- Provide administrative support when required.
- Health & Safety:
- Report immediately to the D.O.N or person in charge, any illness of an infectious nature or accident incurred by a Resident, colleague, self or another.
- Understand and ensure the implementation of, the Nursing Homes' Health and Safety policy, and Emergency and Fire Procedures.
- Report to the D.O.N, or the maintenance, any faulty appliances, damaged furniture, equipment or any potential hazard.
- Promote safe working practice within the Nursing Home.
- Adhere to all appropriate An Bord Altranais guidelines / regulations.
- Maintain all documentation and records as required by both the Registering Authority and the Directors of Nursing
- Ensure that all information of confidential nature gained in the course of duty is not divulged to third parties.
- Notify the D.O.N, or the Person in Charge, as soon as possible of your inability to report for duty, please see employee handbook for guidelines
- Ensure the security of the Nursing Home is maintained at all times.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures within the defined timescales.
- Ensure all equipment is clean and well maintained.
- Carry out any other tasks that may be reasonably assigned to you