As a Network Virtualization Engineer, you will provide technical support to both staff and customers who are working to implement VMware NSX platform and related products.
• Respond to customer inquiries - via email and telephone.
• Mentor and provide training to other technical GSS staff in Network troubleshooting topics.
• Own and drive the Customer Experience throughout the lifecycle of the Service Request to resolution.
• Resolve all Technical issues through diligent research, reproduction, and troubleshooting.
• Work directly with staff in quality assurance, engineering, sales, marketing, operations, and administration to resolve problems.
• Document all technical inquiries; develop and review content for knowledgebase.
• Participate in testing alpha and beta products and provide feedback to Engineering.
• Be an advocate for network virtualization, educate GSS on the NSX platform
• Troubleshoot and engage with NSX Engineering on customer reported issues, including identifying viable workarounds.
• Travel to Customer sites and represent VMware GSS.
• Networking: In-depth understanding of L2/L3 networking protocols including switching technologies, routing fundamentals, IP subnetting and Address Management,, firewalling, load balancers, Security trust zones, Management Networks, VPN and network design
• Proven experience and deep knowledge of the networking technologies and vendors such as VMware VDS, Cisco, F5, Riverbed, Force10, Vyatta/Brocade, A10 Networks, Arista, Infoblox, Palo Alto Networks
• Experience with network components such as, ASR routers, switches, firewalls, ASA, etc).Virtual networking components VSG, Nexus1000V, BGP & OSPF protocol, Cisco UCS and storage
• CCNA or equivalent certification and/or related work experience
• Familiarity with systems management concepts, processes and standards (e.g. SNMP); capacity/performance management and tuning; and storage and network management
• Understanding of modern IT production data center and Internet (ISP/ASP) hosting operations including Compute, Storage and Networking.
• Experience designing and/or supporting large enterprise deployments.
• Hands-on experience with Linux/UNIX based operating systems including strong CLI skill set and working knowledge of general system and network troubleshooting tools (e.g. WireShark)
• Good practical working ability with Linux/UNIX utilities, including editors and command shells
• B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, or equivalent work experience
• Fluent in spoken and written English
• Ability to travel 20 per cent of the time.
Highly Preferred Skills
• Hands on experience with VMware ESX Server or VMware products
• UNIX kernel diagnostics/debugging (at a level typically found in senior level 2 or level 3 UNIX support staff)
• Experience with operation and administration of large Windows Server and Desktop Environments o Experience in administration of complex Storage Area Networks, including Fibre-channel and Ethernet based protocols
• Previous exposure to Cloud Management Platforms such as OpenStack, CloudStack, vRA including Networking enabled by software
• Familiarly of Clustering Technologies such as MS Cluster Server, Redhat clustering, Oracle RAC
• Hands-on and working with key technology solution/language/tools e.g. CloudStack, OpenStack, AWS, KVM, libvirt, Chef, Puppet, Python, CMS, DynamicOps, API, etc.
• Previous Enterprise Technical Support.
• CCNP or equivalent certification and/or related work experience