MEP Co-ordinator (Electrical)
Dublin / Sweden
€Neg + Package
PJ Personnel are working alongside one of Irelands Tier 1 Contractors with work in locations such as Dublin and Europe.
Due to their continuous growth, they are actively seeking a MEP Co-ordinator (Electrical) to join their Dublin and Sweden based teams.
Key Requirements & Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Building Services Manager your key responsibilities are:
- To liaise with design teams and MEP sub-contractors.
- Ensure MEP sub-contractors receive the information needed to progress the MEP installation in accordance with the programme.
- Organise and chair weekly co-ordination meetings with the MEP sub-contractors and design teams.
- Ensure MEP sub-contractors produce the following documents: Coordinated MEP drawings Procurement schedules Programmes Progress reports Requests for information.
- Attend project team meetings as required.
- Track the progress of MEP sub-contractors against the main programme and report any variances to the Contracts Manager.
- Liaise with the utility suppliers to arrange for power, gas and telco connections.
- Provide the project team with up to date information on current MEP developments.
- Carry out site inspections of the MEP works to ensure the installation conforms to the relevant standards.
- Regularly check the installation against the MEP specification and drawings.
- Report any non-conformity to the project team and MEP contractors.
- Coordinate the production of the following documents at practical completion: As built drawings O&M manuals.
- Coordinate training for the client with the MEP contractors at practical completion
- Be aware of their legal, practical and regulatory responsibilities, and have a detailed understanding of Health and Safety.
- In conjunction with the Health & Safety Department, ensure that MEP sub-contractors submit a safety statement and site-specific method statement before works commence.
- Liaise with the safety department when coordinating the MEP sub-contractors.
- Ensure MEP sub-contractors are made aware of Collen health & safety policies and procedures and that health & safety is discussed at co-ordination meetings.
- Reprimand and report anyone observed carrying out unsafe work practices to the Health & Safety Department, site manager, and as required, their employer.
- Check and confirm adequacy of provisions within the site-specific method statements relating to MEP works on site i.e., working with live electrical services, site deliveries, etc and co-ordinate these works on site.
- Assist the Health & Safety Department in the collation of the project’s safety file.
To register your interest in this position, please forward a copy of your latest cv in word document format to Sarah or call me today on 00353 93 30029.