Manager - Design to Value
Wärtsilä is leading the maritime industry’s transformation towards a decarbonised and sustainable future. We at Wärtsilä Marine Power are proud to offer our customers the world’s widest network of maritime expertise and the full portfolio from engines to lifecycle solutions.
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
We are now looking for a Manager, Design to Value to join our Parts Services Supply Management team. Our Parts Services Supply Management team consists out of 7 Category Managers and a Supplier Development Engineering team with global accountabilities. In addition, a Supply Management team in Korea focusses on the Korean Supply Base for Wärtsilä.
The preferred location for the position is Vaasa, Finland, Trieste, Italy or any other major Parts Services location in Europe.
You will report to Director, Supply Management Parts Services
In this position, your work will include securing timely implementation of cost down initiatives flow of new landed cost down ideas, to be accountable for the design to value saving funnel development and health and Parts Services Cost development lead.
For us to be the best match, we expect you to:
• develop saving funnel / cost down visualization reports;
• Benchmark, test, implement new tools supporting cost aware decision making in PartsServices;
• Develop the cost down tool in Parts Services together with colleagues in other Business Units;
• Develop cost development reporting together with Central Supply Management.
Continuously further develop the role as Manager Design to Value to fit the changing needs from the Business as Manager, Design to Value, your work will focus on these responsibilities:
• Co-ordinate and report Parts Services annual cost development actions;
• Coaching cost focus and cost down tools, reports and techniques to Parts Services Supply Management and Product Management;
• Manage Part Services design to value saving funnel;
• Host Cost down meetings with purchasing categories;
• Co-ordinate Parts Services annual cost development target setting together with Supply Management Director;
• Develop, maintain and execute Design-to-Value action plan and roadmap;
• Maintain close relationship with internal stakeholders in Project Services Product Development & Engineering and Power Supply Design-to-Value team, boosting cost awareness;
• Act as a key user for cost development tools, promote awareness of the tools to boost the usage;
• Build costing and target pricing expertise inside Parts Services;
• Promoting Design-to-Value success cases;
• Build internal brand for Design-to-Value;
• Promoting Total Cost of Ownership thinking.
To be successful in this role, we expect you to have:
• Bachelor of Engineering or similar;
• 5+ years’ experience of Wärtsilä products and business;
• Strong personal drive, used to take own initiatives and being pro-active;
• Sold influencing skills with the ability to motivate others;
• Sourcing experience of subcontracted components;
• Machining, engineering & release process experience;
• Additionally, Project Management and Cost Down work experience is seen as beneficial too.
Please reach out to Thijssen Niels, Director, Supply Management - email@example.com +31653769567 with any questions related to this position.
Please apply by 27th of April 2021 Our recruiting tool recognizes the time zone where the job ad has been published and closes the application period according to same time zone.
NOTE! ONLY APPLICATIONS TO THE WÄRTSILÄ SYSTEM ARE INCLUDED IN THE PROCESS.