Pramerica is looking for an enthusiastic Data Management leader, to help build out robust data management structures in new and existing platforms as well as to coordinate with data management organizations across the enterprise. We are looking for someone who understands the latest in data management technologies and practices to lead our growth in data management. This individual will ensure the adherence to best data management practices as Prudential and Pramerica evolves its data infrastructure. This role will require a unique combination of skills: strong knowledge of data throughout its lifecycle from capture to storage to analytics and disposition, strategic and technical mindset, and the ability to work across and lead many partners (technology, regulatory, analytics, etc.). The successful candidate will have a passion for data, technology, building out new capabilities, and creating a fun and inquisitive environment.
The right person will be a strategic leader who can provide thought leadership and guidance to the Data Governance and Data Management teams. Responsibilities for this position include building the framework, sourcing, leading, and presenting forward-thinking, high-impact data management practices focused on strategic areas within Prudential and Pramerica. You will lead a small team to start with in an exciting and engaging environment, where you will be encouraged to expand your skills, test your creative boundaries, share new ideas, and partner with other functional leaders across the organization.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Build and lead the centralized data management capability at Pramerica including strategy & roadmap, support for data governance, data quality monitoring, and master data management capabilities.
- Partner with technology, reporting, analytics and other functions to achieve the best data management solutions aligned with the enterprise data strategy.
- Collaborate and maintain relationships with key regulatory and compliance functions.
- Participate in enterprise data strategy discussions. Work across groups to get buy-in and help evolve toward a more cohesive plan.
- Train and develop a team of data management professionals on industry best practices, tools and technologies.
- Lead multiple, complex projects to solve business problems through a data management lens, ensuring they are delivered with high quality, on time and within budget.
- Collaborate across multiple teams in a matrix environment.
- The role will require travel to the US.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent work experience is required. A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in data and analytic fields including significant experience in data management, data integration and data governance.
- Strong knowledge of business process, data or information management, data flows, data quality standards. Analytical ability to work with data and present results.
- Experience with implementing or owning data governance platforms, metadata management tools, data quality platforms, and master data management platforms.
- Deep technology knowledge to partner closely with all technology partners on data infrastructure issues.
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of visualization, analytics and BI applications including data modeling, data preparation/profiling, data integration, SQL and NoSQL databases, metadata / data management.
- Experience of delivering data projects in an analytics environment projects using Agile framework.
- Experience with traditional data warehouses and big data / Hadoop platforms.
- Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and ecosystem (preferably AWS and Azure).
- Data Virtualization & Data Cataloging experience.
- Superior communication and persuasion skills; talent for storytelling, visualization and communicating key ideas.
- Ability to present and explain data, concepts and frameworks effectively and confidently to users, team members, and management along a wide spectrum of technical abilities.
- Objective, diplomatic team player with excellent collaboration, networking, and influencing skills, as well as credibility and commitment to building trust and developing relationships.
- Experience hiring and managing teams.
- Accustomed to managing projects with competing priorities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, persistence, and resilience; comfort with and ability to thrive on and drive change while navigating ambiguity.
- Financial services industry experience a plus.