Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Wärtsilä Performance Services Marine is now looking for one (1) Maintenance Planner to contract department in Vaasa, Finland and two (2) Maintenance Planners in Singapore. Maintenance Planner works for global execution of marine agreements and is the key person together with the Contract Manager.
We offer you interesting and challenging tasks in the growing marine agreement business. In this position, you are a member of the Maintenance Management team in Vaasa Expertise Centre.
Locations of the positions are in Vaasa, Finland and Singapore.
• Preparing maintenance plan for each contract in the assigned area of responsibility
• Planning and coordinating scheduled and unscheduled maintenance and overhauls
• Planning the resources and competences for execution of field work
• Building and maintaining good communication with Contract Managers and customers, external providers and other stakeholders in the Wärtsilä organization
• Follow up executed and postponed maintenance tasks and improvements
• Preparing and monitoring maintenance budget for the annual contract budgeting on behalf of the customer
• Assisting in the development of our tools
• Swing-set planning
• B.Sc or M.Sc. in Mechanical / Productional engineering or Engineering diploma with 5 years’ experience with marine diesel engines
• Basic knowledge and understanding of engine functionality
• Structured and planned way of working
• Focused and can-do attitude
• Knowledge about Operations & Maintenance
• Good co-operation, teamwork and communication skills
• Maintenance Management knowhow
• Contract business understanding
• Fluent in written and spoken English
• Willingness to travel
• IT skills
Seen as an advantage:
• Advanced knowledge of Marine engine operations and maintenance
• Marine field service experience
• Maximo knowledge
• Good presentation skills
• Japanese language
Please note that relocation and accommodation costs are not available for this position.
If this sounds like a good match for you, then send in your application via the Wartsila recruitment system along with a CV and a Cover Letter. Please apply by 26th November, 2020. NOTE! Only applications through our official job portal can be taken into consideration.
Person to give more information:
Teamleader | Vaasa Expertise Centre
Performance Services | Marine Power
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com