In this position you are responsible as lead electronic engineer for the definition and integration of the electronic board in the new BorgWarner products, supporting European customers to understand and value the product leadership of new High Voltage Products for hybrid and electrical vehicles. As part of the acquisition team and the global technical center, your position will help the organization to understand the market needs to foster R&D activities. You will solve and coordinate all technical issues during the request for quotation with the customer.
You will work and grow the electronics group, being part of a technical center who will support projects and divisions all over the world with direct contact with the customer and Laboratory facilities in the workspace. Direct contact with the customer
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyzes the requirements for the control and power electronics of high-voltage heaters based on customer specifications; contributes to product and system specifications and compiles technical documents.
- Responsibility for creation of detailed PCBA requirements based on customer and internal specifications, reviews and clarifications.
- Work with production to ensure design for manufacturing and test criteria are met.
- Interface as required with external or internal development partners or test centers.
- Ensures platform development and seeks synergies with neighboring product lines regarding electronics development.
- Lead meetings internally and support those with customers to discuss test plans and test issues; owing the technical coordination of the power electronics with customers.
- Participates in the implementation of engineering quality processes, in particular with regard to FMEA and ASIL (ISO 26262).
- Contributes to product cost calculation, to the implementation of platform development and to the realization of the development targets Design for Value and Manufacturability.
- Cooperates with supply chain management in the selection, procurement and qualification of electronic components.
- Part of the definition of the electronic-related topics in the Design and Process Validation Test Plan