Are you a Software Engineer looking for a new challenge? Do you want to be part of the Engineering team of the leading provider of Storage solutions? Well, we might just have the opportunity for you! We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to strengthen our Engineering team at the development center of Western Digital in Ghent, Belgium. You will work on our latest Object Storage systems which deliver storagecapacity up to 52 PetaByte.
Furthermore you will be working on enabling concurrent File and Object Storage access in our Activescale Product line and enabling our existing feature set (like replication, versioning, OLM) with File based semantics. You will have the opportunity to take your career to the next step by learning from some of the world’s brightest storage experts and contribute to a revolutionizing product. When you want to (learn to) write software with a focus on Enterprise Quality, Performance, Scalability and Robustness, you should talk to us.
- Master in computer science or equivalent through experience.
- At least 2 years of experience with programming production level software in Java
- Good understanding of POSIX filesystem semantics, NFS and Samba.
- Experience with algorithms for concurrency, thread safety and memory management
- Knowledge of Python 2.7, bash.
- Basic administration & troubleshooting of Linux Ubuntu.
Skills considered a plus
- Programming in Golang.
- Experience with C++ 14.
- Experience in multiple programming languages or willing to develop skills in an additional language.
- Knowledge of Amazon's AWS S3 API, SDK's & tools.
- Understanding of Cloud and Enterprise storage concepts and products.
- Understanding of scaling concepts (sharding, KV stores)
- You enjoy working with other people and delivering features as a team. When the team is at risk of missing out on its commitment, you'll help out even if that means stepping out of your comfort zone.
- You're familiar with getting open feedback from your peers through code review and pair programming.
- You’re used to working in a team with clear coding guidelines and high standards for code.
- You enjoy working with people from other cultures and time zones.
- You like working in an environment that appreciates humor, fun and off-work activities.