Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Start: March 2017
Duration: 5 months minimum
Working language: English
This internship position is for a community-driven organization devoted to empowering ICT innovation in Europe. It provides an environment for ICT innovation community interaction that is both virtual and physical. In particular, its crowd evaluation tools for publications have been recognized by the European Commission as a ground breaking approach to supporting idea dissemination.
The organization is currently seeking an intern to assist the Conference Managers team in Bratislava to support and lead its conference activities in cooperation with researchers and industry around the globe. This role may be a starting point in your career, giving the intern the possibility of progression to more senior roles.
Contribution to the maintenance and evolution of existing tools which support the events organization and publications
- University student of computing or other related disciplines;
- Administration of Virtual Machines;
- Knowledge of Docker containerization and orchestration;
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as Git;
- Familiarity/Experience of functional programming languages (Haskell, Common Lisp, others) will be considered a strong plus;
- Experience working with Linux environments (Debian/Ubuntu, RedHat);
- Experience with relational DBMSs;
- Experience with web-servers and application containers management (nginx, apache, Tomcat);
- Experience and knowledge of agile methodologies, software design methods are considered a plus.
Knowledge and skills the trainee can learn during the internship:
- Autonomous thinking and problem solving skills;
- Prioritization, time management skills and capability to adapt to dynamic environments;
- Ability to work hands-on and with limited supervision;
- Attitude to collaborative working;
- Working knowledge of the English language (written and spoken) is essential
- Sound computer skills and ability to quickly learn new technical interfaces
- Service minded, positive and team-oriented
- Free accommodation provided
- Standard support by our team. For more information check our website www.placementslovakia.com
We look forward to hearing from you!