At Atlas Copco, we build top class software for top class machines. We believe in a digital future, and embrace the fourth industrial revolution that is happening right now. We believe that machines that always used to operate in isolation from each other, must now become interconnected and integrated within their environment. They must become Cyber-Physical Systems (CPS), cornerstones of the future industrial landscape. Therefore, we are looking for highly talented and motivated software developers, to help us shaping that future.
As an IoT web developer you will work in the team that builds the software to control and monitor large compressed air systems. The human interaction with these CPS happens via so called human-machine interfaces (HMI), user interfaces that allow humans to configure and define the behavior of these CPS. You work on a variety of aspects of this software, such as intuitive user interfaces, implementations of specific functionalities, support for the new features on the embedded controllers, and the low-level integration on an embedded Linux platform. Together with the team you are responsible for the whole development process, from the requirements analysis, conceptual design, detailed system design, implementation, testing, to the final delivery of the product.
Successfully transforming the use cases of our stakeholders into finished products, involves collaborating with teams of varying background, selecting emerging technologies, building prototypes and preparing show cases and demos. This implies that you take initiative, are passionate about new innovations, are hands-on, are a strong communicator and are convinced everything can be done in a more elegant way.
You will be working in a team of experienced software developers on projects with a clear goal and timeline. You will help in the further improvement and extension of our current software. You will have a strong focus on an intuitive and user-friendly UI development.
· Specify, design, implement and validate top quality software systems, in close collaboration with your fellow team members.
· Develop browser based industrial-grade HMIs
· Investigate, validate and integrate promising technologies. Stay on top of the latest technological evolutions.
· Innovate new ideas, track related research, develop new concepts, prototype ideas, and report on project status.
· Communicate technical innovations through reports and regular presentations to our stakeholders and divisional management.
· Interact with key users on creating well designed UIs