We are looking for a young and proactive trainee for 2020 in Front Office Department (Reception).
Main tasks of the function:
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming reservations in computer system (e.g., Fidelio, PMS, FOSSE, OPERA), verifying guest identity, requesting form of payment, assigning room, and issuing room key in accordance with property policies and procedures.
- Secure valid form of payment (e.g., credit card, cash) prior to issuing room key.
- Activate room keys using electronic key machine (e.g., Saflok) and reissue new room keys to guests as necessary (e.g., lost key) by verifying guest identity and using electronic key machine.
- Set up accurate accounts for each guest upon check-in according to their requirements (i.e., sharewiths, separate room/tax/incidentals, comp).
- Ask for and enter Marriott Rewards information (e.g., number, name, address) when taking reservation or checking guest in.
- Communicate to appropriate staff that there are guests that are waiting for an available room.
- Coordinate with Housekeeping to track readiness of rooms for check-in and to report guest concerns.
- File guest paperwork or documentation.
- Process all check-outs including express check-outs, resolving any late and disputed charges, settling account, retrieving room key, and requesting comments on guest's stay.
- Clear departures in computer system to document that rooms are no longer occupied.
- Advise guest of any messages (e.g., voicemail, mail, faxes) received for them, and send to room if required.
- Organize and coordinate check-in/pre-registration procedures for arriving groups.
- Portuguese (mandatory)
- English fluent
- Spanish highly appreciated
- Any other language will be a plus
- Monthly scholarship of € 450,00;
- Shared accommodation with housekeeping service with a monthly cost of € 100,00;
- Transfer from / to airport;
- 3 meals per day at our staff canteen, 7 days per week (including days off);
- Portuguese classes;
- Uniform with laundry service.
- Meet & Greet with our Leadership Team;
- Internship Integration plan;
- Training plan, participation in e-learning and on class training for the several areas;
- Monthly meeting with our Managers;
- TakeCare initiatives;
- Recognition Award.
Want to join us? Apply now!