With over 20 years of experience in the Nursing Homes Sector, the CareChoice Team is focused on transitioning CareChoice to become the most trusted and respected Nursing Home brand in Ireland.
We are now looking for kind and reliable Full Time Healthcare Assistants, for our Malahide Road Nursing home.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive environment whilst working with an experienced team of Healthcare Professionals in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Paid quality training
- Continuous professional development
- Opportunities for promotion within an expanding group
- Extensive in-house training (NMBI approved)
- Employee of the Month programme
- 1 Free Uniform/year
- Free parking
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the nursing staff in providing high-quality holistic care to our residents
- Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all time
- Assisting residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs
- Assisting residents with mobilizing as appropriate and using correct aids
- Escorting or/and transfer residents as directed by the Nursing staff
- Assisting in End of Life Care
- Any other duties deemed necessary by nurse and management.
Qualifications and Skills
- QQI/FETAC qualification OR relative experience in a similar environment.
- Practical experience in a caring capacity desired.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Professional, caring and empathetic nature.
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes, challenging environment.
- Have a good level of English language skills
- Good communication skills
- Availability to work varied shift patterns days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday