The Fern Dean Nursing Home are seeking Care Assistants for our state of the art nursing home. Our Nursing Home is based in Blackrock in Co. Dublin.
Our team are passionate about improving the quality of life of our residents. We place a strong importance on social, physical and mental stimulation. We deliver exceptional experiences, with a range of leisure activities and external excursions, tailored around our resident’s interests and needs.
Please visit www.ferndean.ie for further more details in reference to the nursing home. We are currently recruiting for Health Care Assistants for Full Time and Part Time Positions in our home.
Role and Responsibilities:
• Assist in delivering a high standard of holistic care to residents, promoting their equality and dignity at all times
• Carry out assigned and delegated tasks involving direct care and all activities of daily living which may include e.g. washing, toileting, dressing, undressing, dining, social activities, conversation, communication support and all other aspects of daily living
• Respect the privacy and dignity of all residents and promote their independence
• Provide particular attention and assist residents who have limited mobility.
• Understand, be knowledgeable on and observe care plans and alert nurses immediately regarding any changes in the physical and mental state of the residents.
• Report immediately any incident or potential incident which may compromise the health and safety of residents or visitors.
• Maintaining a safe environment for the residents, staff and visitors of the home.
• Communicate effectively with all residents and their relatives/representatives.