Job Description *
With over 20 years of experience in the Nursing Homes Sector, the CareChoice Team is focused on transitioning CareChoice to become the most trusted and respected Nursing Home brand in Ireland.We are now looking for kind and reliable Healthcare Assistants, for our Nursing homes.
This is an excellent opportunity to develop your skills within a supportive environment whilst working with an experienced team of Healthcare Professionals in a diverse, multi-cultural environment.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Supporting the nursing staff in providing high-quality holistic care
- Ensuring residents hygiene/personal care needs are maintained to the highest standards while maintaining the resident’s dignity at all time
- Assisting residents with eating and drinking in line with their nutrition needs
- Toileting Residents and disposal of used Sputum containers and drainage of urine bags
- Assisting in the safekeeping of residents valuables
- Assisting residents with mobilizing as appropriate and using correct aids
- Reporting any changes in resident’s condition to the trained nurse
- Assisting in keeping all nursing home areas with particular focus on resident’s room, wardrobe, locker, and clothing organized clean and tidy
- Escorting or/and transfer residents as directed by the Nursing staff
- Assisting in End of Life Care
Qualifications and Skills
- QQI/FETAC qualification OR relative experience in a similar environment.
- Practical experience in a caring capacity desired.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Professional, caring and empathetic nature.
- Be comfortable working in a sometimes, challenging environment.
- Have a good level of English language skills
- Availability to work varied shift patterns days, nights & weekends, across Monday to Sunday.
What we offer:
- Comprehensive induction training
- Free Garda Vetting
- A rewarding working environment, with support from supervisors and managers
- Competitive rates of pay
- Subsidised meals
- Opportunities for promotion within an expanding group
- Extensive in-house training (NMBI approved)
- Employee Assistance Programme which offers advice
- 1 Free Uniform/year
- Free parking