1. To assist the Front Office Manager in supervising the efficient operation of the Department.
2. To ensure that all hotel bedrooms and sitting rooms are let to Maximum occupancy at maximum rates.
3. To assist Sales Promotion by keeping good relations with Travel Agencies, Clients and Booking Agencies.
4. To relieve the Night Receptionist/Auditor on his day off or whenever required.
5. To establish good working relationships with all the other departments in the Hotel.
6. To assist the Front Office Manager with production of daily figures of revenue received and occupancy as required by the Hotel.
7. To ensure that the Front Desk, Reception Office and Hall Porters Office are clean and tidy at all times, presenting correct impression to the guests.
8. To assist the Front Office Manager in ensuring that all staff receive On-Job-Training and have the necessary skills to carry out their duties with the maximum efficiency.
9. To ensure that all staff report for duty punctually, and maintain a clean, smart appearance at all times.
10. To ensure that all staff have a clear understanding of the Fire Drill.
11. To maintain a high standard of personal appearance and cleanliness at all times.
12. To report any complaints to the Front Office Manager.
13. To ensure that all staff has clear understanding of the Hotel's House Rules.
14. To keep the Front Office Manager informed about the up to date requests of accommodation, how many rooms are reserved, on what terms and how many are available.
15. To exercise authority over Front Office and Hall Porters staff and supervise their conduct, discipline and performance of duties.
16. To welcome the quests on arrival.
17. To verify movements of guests.
18. To be familiar with guests so that he can be more helpful to them.
19. Tactfully and politely, to avoid receiving undesirable guests, unless otherwise advised by the Front Office Manager.
20. Whenever possible to accompany guests to the room reserved in their name and be sure everything is in order so that the guests are comfortable.
21. To supply information that may interest the guest and inform him about all the facilities provided by the Hotel.
22. To be able to represent the Front Office Manager in his absence.
23. To train receptions staff to answer questions of touristic nature.
24. To inform the Front Office Manager of all the cases regarding the problem for special prices.
25. To inform the Heads of Departments about guests' wishes.
26. To give instructions to the Housekeeper for flower arrangements in bedrooms or suites.
27. To pass over the Management's compliments to the guests, in case of the Manager's absence, when departing and show them courtesy.
28. To have a close co-operation with the accounts department referring to billing instructions.
29. To be aware of all information referring to the room and guest occupancy and prepare all relative statistics.
30. To block out the room or suite in advance regarding special bookings.
31. To take action to any request a Receptionist cannot handle.
32. To prepare duty rosters for the Front Office staff including Hall Porters.
33. To exercise control over all Hall Porters and their work.
34. To maintain Reservations Chart and to make the necessary amendments and cancellations.
35. To carry out any other relevant duties as directed by Management.