The Secure Power Division of Schneider Electric provides the world with reliable power and infrastructure through our hardware, software, and service products. We are looking for a Head of Data Science who will lead our innovation in IoT with data, analytics, and data science. Data Science will transform the way our customers see our products and services, producing energy efficiency, reducing waste, and improving customer experience and outcomes.
The Head of Data Science will drive innovation while influencing Secure Power strategy. The Head of Data Science will also lead our data science team and build out an exceptional data organization and portfolio including descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics with Internet-of-Things and enterprise applications.
Your key Responsibilities
● Support strategy and roadmaps through thought leadership, solutions, and general expertise to support innovation, build cognitive solutions,
and improve business performance.
○ Match business objectives with existing or emerging data science technologies and solutions
○ Build confidence in data science solutions to important customer problems
○ Find platforming opportunities - identifying analyses that would be valuable for multiple stakeholders at a time
○ Consider best practices in data governance and stewardship
● Drive engagements through a process which assesses objectives in business, strategy, innovation, foundational architecture, and other value-add
sources weighed against potential costs.
○ Brainstorming innovative ways to use our unique device and enterprise data to answer business problems
○ Communicate with internal and external stakeholders, partners, and customers to understand the challenges they face and to provide solutions to
such issues using data
○ Apply design thinking to create technical solutions that further business goals and align with corporate technology strategies, keeping in mind
performance, reliability, scalability, usability, security, flexibility, and cost.
● Helping business stakeholders innovate and realize value from emerging technologies by leveraging design thinking to develop best in class innovative products.
○ Partner with a variety of teams to provide comprehensive solutions
○ Drive internal proof of concept initiatives. When needed, quickly design and implement a prototype of a system or component with a proper
architecture, and then hand over to product and software teams to deploy
● Lead and expand current Data Science team to explore and deliver solutions
○ Build out appropriate engineering and business roles within the data science organization to deliver and support offers
○ Evaluate our data science workflow, testing, and processes
○ Manage projects across multiple teams and offers
● Advanced Degree is required
● 5-10+ years’ experience in designing and leading data science projects, especially utilizing IoT data
● 3+ years of in a team leadership role
● Ability to translate business concepts to technical terms. Understands and communicates company goals and objectives.
● Ability to work on a fast moving and evolving organization
● Ability to work independently and lead work streams of larger projects and manage multiple stakeholders
● Ability to work with remote teams and across time zones to develop strategies and foster a cohesive and creative work environment
● Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including presentation skills
● Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with the ability to exercise mature and executive judgment
We seek out and reward people for putting the customer first, being disruptive to the status quo, embracing different perspectives, continuously learning, and acting like owners. We’re recognized around the world for welcoming people as they are. We create an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are a real value for the company.
What we offer
• You can look forward to growing your career in a dynamic workplace with significant personal responsibility and flexible working models to ensure
the right work/life balance.
• A dynamic and personal atmosphere, working across teams.
• A company culture that encourages performance and cooperation.
• An attractive compensation package including the comprehensive fringe benefits expected of an international company like annual bonus, payed
holidays, pension scheme etc.
We are an employer that is characterized by both the appreciation and equal opportunities of our employees, a recipe for generating success.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organization, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognize that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.