Copenhagen / Local-International / Procurement / Ref.: MO-088868
As part of the ongoing effort to transform costs at Maersk Oil and ensure business readiness for growth, considerable change has taken place across the newly integrated Procurement and Supply Chain organization. Our new function now covers the full Supply Chain, end-to-end, starting from Category Management and Business Planning that leverage the full scope & scale of Maersk Oil’s global spend.
At Maersk, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between your strength, passion and business need. A successful career will include a variety of experiences which offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
As the Global Head of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations, we offer the opportunity to leverage your experience and continue to build your skills by:
• Establishing a corporate Centre of Excellence and a Global focal group for Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations to enable the efficient execution of Maersk Oil’s strategy.
• Interfacing and continuing to build strong relationships with key stakeholders within the Procurement & Supply Chain function, other functional departments and the technical communities.
• Supporting the implementation of the Procurement Strategy, ensuring compliance with the Procurement Standard and being a role model for professional procurement execution with peers and colleagues globally.
• Coordinating and ensuring that the right capabilities are developed and deployed within Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations globally.
As the Global Head of Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations, reporting to our Chief Procurement Officer, you will be:
Global functional and indirect leader of all Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Leads in all Business Units by:
• Providing support, guidance, and coordination for Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations activities globally.
• Facilitating and ensuring close alignment between the BUs, Corporate Category Management and Corporate Procurement on all sourcing and purchasing issues.
• Assessing and coordinating development of teams within Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Operations to ensure that we have the right competencies and capabilities to deliver the Procurement Vision and Strategy.
Facilitator & Secretary for the Corporate Tender Board:
• Facilitating and coordinating the activities of the Corporate Tender Board to ensure timely assurance of major Strategic Sourcing and other global, strategic procurement decisions.
Global Process Owner for Procurement, responsible for:
• Strategic and tactical guidance with respect to Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing.
• Developing global standards and a governance framework for Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing.
• Improving the overall demand and sourcing planning processes to ensure all sourcing and purchasing process solutions are delivered at the lowest total cost.
• Focal point for the Procurement Standard
• Procurement processes systems fully utilized in accordance with Company standards.
Who we are looking for
• Degree qualified in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Management, Law (or other relevant degree).
• Led a procurement and supply chain function, preferably with experience from Oil & Gas, extractive or related industries.
• Track record of leading and delivering operational and process efficiency and bottom line improvements.
• A deep understanding of global procurement and supply chain operations, business challenges and the ability to translate them into solutions.
• Proven leadership skills, how to coach, motivate and develop your team.
• Strong communication and influencing skills and can build rapport easily, both within the function and in the business.
Last application date: 23 November 2015.
For further information, please contact: Nicole Raccanello - email@example.com.