This is a superb opportunity for a high calibre Food & Beverage Shift Manager to join the hotel team of The Marker Hotel, a luxury urban lifestyle hotel. The Marker Hotel is a Leading Hotel of the World and it is imperative that the candidate must have the ability to deliver a high level of Guest Service in a confident and professional manner.
We are proud to be listed as a Great Place to Work 2017 & 2018 - http://www.greatplacetowork.ie
- To ensure the hotel achieves the Leading Hotels of the World Quality Assurance targets and that the highest standards of luxury and quality are delivered consistently to our guests;
- To deliver excellent care to our guests;
- To carry out departmental audits to ensure LHW is achieved by all team members;
- To ensure that the Hotel’s Vision & Mission statement is communicated to the team;
- To ensure that areas of responsibility are clean and well maintained;
- To ensure that the ambience in departments (lights, music and temperature) are controlled;
- To report defective materials and equipment to the appropriate departments;
- Ensure that all new initiatives are implemented in the agreed time frame;
- To ensure that personal objectives are set and achieved on a yearly basis;
- To ensure a consistently high level of security is well maintained throughout the Hotel;
- To ensure guest feedback is acted upon in a timely manner ensuring the relevant people are informed and that all necessary action is taken to prevent reoccurrences;
- To monitor all purchasing and costs in the department and to ensure that spend is in line with budgets and in line with purchasing procedures;
- To accept a flexible work schedule necessary for uninterrupted service to Hotel guests and to maintain flexibility within teams;
- To provide support where necessary in other areas of the Hotel;
- Drives business results through revenue growth and cost savings efficiency.
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of team members;
- To appraise all team members in accordance with the agreed appraisal procedure;
- To ensure that all team members comply with the employee handbook;
- To ensure holidays, bank holidays and lieu time are managed for all team members;
- To ensure departmental daily briefings are carried out at relevant times;
- To chair monthly departmental meetings and ensure team members attend General Team Meetings and ECCM when required;
- To ensure that all team members are rostered in accordance with the Organisation of Working Time Act;
- To ensure that all team members adhere to the hotel’s grooming procedures;
- To identify develop key team members;
- To train all team members have a full knowledge and understanding of the Leading Hotels of the World Quality Assurance targets and that the highest standards quality are delivered consistently to our guests.
Fire, Health & Safety:
- To have a full understanding of Fire and Emergency procedures;
- To have a full understanding of Health & Safety regulations and carry out risk assessment’s in own department;
- To ensure that the hotel is compliant with all Food Safety regulation;
- To ensure all accidents and incidents are investigated and reported in accordance with the hotel’s accident/ incident reporting procedure;
- To support the hotel’s Environmental policy by complying with waste management and monitory energy efficiency.
Specific duties are in line with Standard Operational Procedures issued on commencement of employment.
What do we have to offer you:
- Competitive Salary;
- Meals whilst on duty in our employee restaurant;
- Complimentary provision and laundry of uniforms;
- Employee Discounts;
- Tax saver commuter tickets and bike to work scheme;
- Employee Recognition Awards.