Experienced Food & Beverage Assistants required at Pillo Hotel Ashbourne
The 4* Pillo Hotel Ashbourne combines warm hospitality with excellent facilities in a contemporary setting, located in Ashbourne, County Meath and within 25 minutes from Dublin City centre and International Airport.
We have recently undergone the exciting refurbishment of our Bar and Restaurant Area. We provide an upgraded and sophisticated atmosphere which we hope will further enhance our guest experience.
As a result a number of new opportunities have arisen in our Food & Beverage department at Pillo Hotel for a highly motivated and driven individuals. The main purpose of this position is to provide guests with a friendly, competent and exceptional dining experience. We require applicants to be available for work over 7 days, usually mid week morning shifts.
- Greet customers, make recommendations, answer questions and present the menu in a professional and friendly manor
- Informs guests about the special items for the day and menu changes if applicable
- Suggest food and beverages to the guest and also try to upsell
- Take orders and send them to kitchen staff through the POS system
- Ensure quality service in the dining room and during meal service
- Prepare the bills for beverages and meals ordered, take the cash and make change, and balance daily transactions
- Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by supervisor. Ensure that the restaurant area is meticulously clean at all times
- Co - ordinate with kitchen staff, bar staff, front office to ensure smooth operation and guest satisfaction.
- Observes guests and ensure their satisfaction with the food and service.
- Promptly respond to guest with any additional request.
- Apply health and safety regulations
- Comply with equipment usage guidelines
- Comply with maintenance guidelines for the Restaurant
- Organise your work area professionally
- Clean and clear the dining room tables
- Filling in for absent staff as needed
- Understands and can communicate products and services available at the hotel
- Additional tasks as required by the supervisor/manager
- In order to be considered for this role you are required to have undertaken your Leaving certificate or Equivalent and should have at least 2 years' experience in similar role in 4 star luxury hotel.
- You will be a highly driven and motivated individual with a good knowledge and understanding of Food and Beverage operations.
- It is also essential that you have good command of the English language (spoken and written).
- Flexibility and an ability to work on your own initiative are required
- Meals on duty
- Discounted membership of Clann leisure centre
- Car parking
- Staff discounts at partner hotels
- Training & Development opportunities
- Career progression opportunities