OmniAccess is an industry leading marine network solutions provider, offering a wide range of products and services with over 10 year of experience. From our base in Palma de Mallorca (Spain) we cater services for some of the world’s largest yachts and key cruise line companies, with a very strong commitment to service quality & availability.
We operate global VSAT networks from our own teleports & HUBs located in Palma de Mallorca, Germany, Netherlands, Chile, USA and Australia. As part of our integral, end-to end solutions we design, implement and support onboard IT networks.
Description of function
As part of our international team of installers, you will need to travel to install and commission onboard IT networks and VSAT systems. Although around 85% of the installation jobs are in Europe, you are required to travel all over the world if needed.
Since the works at OmniAccess cover a wide scope of activities, installation jobs typically include:
The remainder of the time would be used to assist the support desk answering the phone to stay in touch with the clients and their needs.
Necessary experience & qualifications
· The ideal candidate would have experience in one or more of the following fields:
1. Experience with installing and/or operating stabilized satellite antenna systems (such as Seatel, Orbit, Intellian)
2. General RF knowledge (radio communication links, RF engineering, antennas, link-budgets, microwaves etc.)
3. Practical “hands on” knowledge of IT networking concepts & fundamentals (routing, switching, wireless networking) at least at the level comparable to the Cisco CCNA certification. Familiarity with more advance subjects like VoIP & security would be a pro.
4. Experience with operating and/or installing iDirect satellite networks (or comparable technologies)
5. Experience with the major Microsoft OS’s and applications
6. Experience with Linux operating system
7. Affinity with the maritime aspects would be a pro
· We would prefer candidates with a strong background in a relevant subject (Telecommunications Engineering, Electrical / Electronic Engineering).
· Good command of English (written & verbal)
· Good communication skills with a client-focused attitude
· Ability for logical thinking and systematic troubleshooting
· Resident or citizen of an EU country, able to start immediate employment by OmniAccess in Spain without requiring any visa or work-permit.
· Willing to relocate to Palma de Mallorca
· Holding any of the following certificates would be a plus: Seatel training certificates , Orbit training certificates , Intellian training certificates, iDirect training certificates, Cisco CCNA or comparable, Cisco specializations (wireless networking, security etc.)
· Willing to work outside normal hours