€Neg + Package + Benefits
PJ Personnel are actively working alongside one of Ireland's leading Civil Contractors who specialise in large-scale Civil Projects Nationwide.
Due to their continuous growth, they are actively looking for an experienced Estimator to join their Dublin based team on a permanent basis.
- Generate best-price tender submissions that will successfully win contracts in a competitive budgeting situation.
- Produce estimates by gathering proposals, quotes, specifications and related documents.
- Identify opportunities and deficits in the tender documents that provide commercial leverage.
- Obtain quotes from subcontractors and suppliers; compute costs and maintain a fit-for-purpose cost database.
- Analyse, evaluate and perform risk analysis on supplier and subcontract packages.
- Work with the QS function in pre-contract negotiations.
- Liaise with the Chief Estimator and Senior Management on contractual concerns and ensure that all necessary notices and submissions are met in a timely manner.
- Engage with the commercial/project team to agree budgets prior to the pre-start handover meeting.
- Manage and control preliminary budgets for tender process.
- Ensure client relationships are maintained throughout commercial negotiations.
- Compile and maintain costs data reports.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with key.
- Review technical publications; track price trends and regulatory changes.
- Protect the company contractually and follow company procedures and protocols.
- 5+ years’ work experience in an estimating capacity with project management background.
- Third level qualification in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or related field.
- Methodical, analytical mindset with good attention to detail.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines.
- Good knowledge of construction outputs, and of labour, plant and material prices.
- Financially numerate with strong commercials knowledge.
- Good understanding of data analysis methods.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent communication and negotiation abilities
- Ability to manage tender documentation and punctual with reports.
To register your interest in this opportunity, please forward a copy of your latest CV to Sarah to discuss with the strictest of confidence.