Start date: Flexible 2017
Duration: 5 months minimum
Working language: English
Language school oriented towards business clients with the emphasis on all the aspects of language learning. The school is also organizing summer camps for youngsters led by English language teachers.
The intern will be working as an English teacher by the licensed WattsEnglish method® to young and very young learners. While leading students through creative play and hands-on activities, he will be planning and supervising class projects, field trips, or other experiential activities, and guiding students in learning from those activities. The intern will be also teaching adults (however, in limited number of hours). Another task will be performing demo lessons for potential clients (at schools and kids centres); preparing lesson plans, choosing curriculum; reporting the progress of students to the management of the KDG and parents of the children and finally, attending weekly staff meetings.
- native English speaker preferred
- enthusiastic about teaching young and very young learners
- positive attitude to children
- active approach to work and contribution to the teaching process in terms of new ideas.
- patience and responsible approach.
- international certification about pedagogical skills TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/DELTA is a benefit
Knowledge, skills and competence to be acquired:
- great opportunity to gain an experience in teaching young and very young learners (3-14years) and adults working in an international team (USA, Columbia)
- professional and personal development
- friendly and inspiring work environment - support in methodology as well as in your professional development
- accomodation provided
- standard support by our team (check www.placementslovakia.com)
Interested candidates please apply by submitting an online application form at www.placementslovakia.com and state the name and number of this vacancy into the relevant field in the application. We look forward to hearing from you!