Engine Automation, Commissioning
Wärtsilä Energy Business is leading the transition towards a 100% renewable energy future. As an Energy System Integrator, we understand, design, build and serve optimal power systems for future generations. Wärtsilä’s solutions provide the needed flexibility to integrate renewables and secure power system reliability. Our offering includes flexible internal combustion engine-based power plants, hybrid solar power plants, energy storage & integration solutions, as well as gas to power systems. We support our customers over the lifecycle or their installations with services that enable increased efficiency and guaranteed performance. Wärtsilä has 68 GW of installed power plant capacity in 177 countries around the world.
Wärtsilä Finland Oy, Energy Business - Construction and commissioning services is looking for an Engine Automation Commissioning Engineer(s).
Your main responsibility is testing of engine automation systems during the commissioning / start-up period.
This position offers you an opportunity to use and enlarge your expertise in an international and dynamic environment. Projects, production locations, Wärtsilä offices, customers and suppliers can be found all over the world. We offer you an interesting position and a possibility to work with a successful global team in an international company.
Home office location is Turku or Vaasa, Finland.
- Perform engine automation commissioning, testing and troubleshooting on Wärtsilä products.
- Check and adjust relevant systems (i.e. engine & plant auxiliaries’ systems)
- Provide internal and external work reports according to Wärtsilä standards.
- Perform site audits.
- Extensive travel worldwide
- Promote Wärtsilä products
- M.Sc. of B.Sc. in Engineering
- Working experience in similar tasks
- Knowledge of combustion engine process.
- Understanding of mechanical and fluid process.
- Knowledge of engine automation software
- Wärtsilä specific UNIC system knowledge is seen as an advantage
- Identify failures, adjusting, performing test runs and testing of electrical installations according to instructions
- Good communication and negotiation skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt new technologies
- Willingness to travel
- Good command of English, both oral and written. Other languages are seen as an advantage.
In addition, knowledge of Wärtsilä engine types, including auxiliaries is seen as advantage.
Please apply by 30th November, 2020. Note! Only applications through our official job portal can be taken into considerations.
Contact person to give further information:
Manager, Automation Commissioning
+358 40 5555253
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com