Wärtsilä is a world leader in marine technology and leading the industry's transformation towards a Smart Marine Ecosystem. With the world’s widest portfolio and service network, we – Wärtsilians - deliver efficient, safe and sustainable integrated products and solutions to enhance the business of our customers. The opportunities presented through digitalisation and new technologies are offering a new era of shipping. Did you know that shipping is the world’s most efficient mode of transportation and that approximately 90% of world trade is carried by sea?
We want to change the course towards an interconnected and cleaner maritime future and are constantly on the lookout for future-oriented talent to join our team and to work towards enabling sustainable societies with smart technology - together. Are you ready to jump onboard?
Wärtsilä Marine Power, Power Supply Customer Delivery is now looking for a Development Manager for Commissioning and Site Management.
Position is located in Vaasa, Finland or in Trieste, Italy.
In this position you will be reporting to General Manager, PM Development and Quality.
Commissioning and Site Management is extremely important area for Wärtsilä to perform and provide world class services and solutions. With this respect it is important to secure that our processes and tools are correctly built, optimized and continuously further developed to guarantee ideal processing with high customer satisfaction. This position is in a vital role to secure our customer deliveries and continuous development on our further performance.
An interesting position in a global business environment, where you can closely involve yourself to continuous improvement activities within Site Management and Commissioning as Development Manager. On this position you can contribute on shaping the ship building industry to establish future best practices.
- Leading and implementing development initiatives in Commissioning and Site Management / Customer Delivery organization
- Support operative organization to implement and use correct performance indicators to drive processes and continuous improvement effectively
- Cooperate with whole Customer Delivery team to improve:
o Our capabilities to deliver first-time-right products and services.
o Lessons learned management and continuous improvement activities
- Support in digital transformation with internal and external stakeholders
- MSc or BSc degree in Engineering
- Proven practical knowledge from commissioning and site management
- Strong knowledge and experience from Operational Excellence methodology
- Proven skills to lead operational development projects delivering sustainable change
- Strong IT skills; knowledge of SAP/SAP Fiori, TeamCenter, SalesForce and PowerBI
- Strong Quality Management knowledge with strong documentation knowhow and experience
- Previous knowhow / experience on working in a complex global project environment
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills to get people excited, involved and committed to development initiatives
- Strong development mindset with good networking skills in global business environment
- Fluent in spoken and written English
Following seen as advantage:
- Certification on project management (e,g. PMP / PMI)
- Good knowledge and technical skills on Wärtsilä products
- Finnish / Swedish skills
Please apply by 25th November 2020 by attaching your CV and application letter.
Note! Only applications sent through our official portal can be taken into consideration.
Contact person to give further information:
General Manager, PM Development and Quality
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2019, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 5.2 billion with approximately 19,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 80 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. Find out more at www.wartsila.com