As a Design Engineer you will mainly be involved in the design of steel structures for roller coasters and also various mechanical systems such as brakes and drive systems. You will need to be able to attain a good balance between the technical requirements, material usage and production cost of your design.
Your Job Responsibilities include:
- Developing mechanical and steel structures
- Co-ordinating internal and external programs aimed at reviewing manufacturability and optimisation of projects.
- Validating designs with the use of modern methods such as FMEA and Hazard Analysis.
- Evaluating and integrating applicable standards for design and design verification.
- Preparing kinematic and dynamic calculations (analytical or simulated) for load determinations and mechanism behaviour.
- Preparing stress calculations (analytical or simulated) followed by a static or fatigue strength assessment using the applicable strength verification methods.
- Monitoring interfaces, from concept design phase to production, as part of a multidisciplinary project team.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mechanical, Automotive, Civil or Aerospace Engineering (or similar) with at least 2 year’s relevant work experience.
- A good knowledge of modern machinery, steel building construction methods and manufacturing processes.
- An ability to understand and solve problems analytically.
- An aptitude to independently master new technical skills.
- A good command of written and spoken English.
- Experience in working with Solid Edge , AutoCAD , Tekla , Matlab , Mathcad , Hyper Works , ESA -Prima Win , and/or SCIA Engineer.
What we offer:
An innovative and international environment that exudes passion for technology, working alongside employees who are exceptionally proud of what they develop and build.
Interested in working for Vekoma?
Email your cover letter and résumé to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are excited to hear from you!