Connectivity is a key in our daily activities. There is a common trend to connect people, computers, machines and digitalize all data. Digitalization is part of the Atlas Copco philosophy and will be mostly important for our innovation the next coming years. Even more, we want to be a real pioneer in this. This will help us to define which data we need to save and analyze in order to improve the product, processes, supporting systems and quality.
To help supporting the shift to the digitalization within the industry we are looking for a data scientist who will be able to collect all data and perform detailed analysis.
You will be part of the Business Process team in the Manufacturing Department but work closely together with IT and all other departments. You will define a SMART strategy to determine all relevant data. This data will provide input in order to define and design algorithms to optimize the production supporting systems, machine performance, system facilities, process optimization…
In this role you will be based in Belgium but interacting in an international network and collaborate with other product development teams and customer centers/product companies. You will be working not only for Manufacturing but as well for Marketing, Finance or all other departments.
Excellent analytical skills to analyze raw process and machine data, strong problem solving skills
- Data mining, large-scale data analysis
- Mathematics, statistics and programming experience.
- Convert data to trend analyses to identify, improve performance opportunities and possible modelling.
- Convert data in order to identify possible component failures and develop a pre failure modelling system.
- Support the whole business in delivering decision support systems to their customers and own use
- Customer oriented and capable to work in multidiscipline team in order to provide the highest level of customer service
- Able to collaborate on a detailed level with internal and external partners .
You have an Academic degree within Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant area.
- You are a team player and contribute to targets and goals with commitments as well as stand firm in the implementation.
- You are confident in communication around technology and your expertise to your co-workers.
- You have excellent analytical skills, you can evaluate data and information. You have investigative mind as well as a sound judgment.
- You structure and prioritize your tasks accordingly.
- You are capable to work in a multidiscipline team to provide the highest level of customer service.
- You can integrate smoothly into the team and stimulate knowledge sharing between your colleagues.
- You can collaborate on a detailed level with internal and external partners.
- You can collaborate easily with colleagues in the organization.
- You are accurate in the performed task.
- You are creative, broad-minded.
- You have a positive attitude.
- You are flexible in the handling of the projects and time spend
Diversified tasks with a broad range of development opportunities at a constantly growing and innovative global player
Support and possibilities to grow in your career
A familiarization phase of several months with support of an experienced mentor
A good work-life balance
A competitive salary with benefits package
The possibility to participate in our car or bicycle lease plan and to join several sport clubs