Tesco opened its first store in Hungary in 1995. It currently serves 2,5 million customers a week in its 202 stores and is also Hungary's largest private employer. Tesco is committed to serve Hungarian customers a little better every day. The retailer works with 800 Hungarian suppliers to support their growth and exit into export markets. As a multi-disciplinary organization with a presence in Bengaluru, Central Europe and in the UK, at Tesco Business Services we serve our shoppers a little better every day across markets. Our goal is to create a sustainable competitive advantage for Tesco by standardizing processes, delivering cost savings, enabling agility and empowering our colleagues to do ever more for our customers. With cross-functional expertise, a wide network of teams and strong governance we reduce complexity thereby offering high quality services for our customers.
Roles and responsibilities:
As a Payroll Admin Manager you would be a fundamental part of the People Operations function within Tesco Business Services. Would aim at delivering world class operations for over 65K colleagues working across Tesco Stores, Office and Distribution centers in Central Europe.
Whilst specific responsibilities will be dependent upon the changing needs of the Tesco business the following provides an overview of your future responsibilities and measures:
- Manage and supervise direct reports within the Payroll admin team, assist with managing workflow, reconciliation and controls to meet the Business and Internal SLAs.
- Ensure processes are defined and executed in line with the legislative guidelines and company policies. Also, ensure the controls are reviewed on a regular basis and practice measures are implemented to improve delivery and avoid payroll leakage.
- Review and sign off certain critical activities within the Payroll admin team like Payroll closure files
- Be the second level of escalation for any Technology or processing related issues.
- Manage and lead projects and initiatives based on business requirements.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement to ensure internal hand-offs, ways of working constantly improve.
- Review the change requirements and UAT performed by the teams and provide sign-off on the results for further implementation.
- Drive engagement with key stakeholders, process owners and people teams across representative business units. Report performance metrics of the team on a regular basis and identify opportunities to improve.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and business presentations for supporting senior management.
- Highlight risks and issues to business in a timeline manner. Also, define mitigation plans in order to manage the same.
- Be audit ready and close any pending items highlighted by the Audit team.
- Plan staffing requirements including hiring, resource allocation and induction.
- Conduct performance management conversations for team members including data driven conversations with individuals, performance feedback, developmental feedback, performance rating discussion. Also, create succession planning and career path for team members, reward and recognize the effort and results in a timely manner.
- Mentor and coach team members in order to develop them to taken on bigger roles, better opportunities and deliver efficiently.
- Ensure appropriate learning and development initiatives are in place.
- Handle any staff related queries / grievances in consultation with the HR business partners.
You will be great in this role if you have:
- University degree
- English and Czech knowledge at advanced level
- Qualified payroll clerk education
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in a Payroll environment and/or as a People Manager
- effective communication skills (both verbal and written)
- experience in Stakeholder management
- People management skills
- Analysis, decision making and critical thinking
- MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint) knowledge
- the main focus to deliver the best for our colleagues
- logical reasoning and problem solving approach
- the experience of balancing priorities in a fast paced, constantly changing environment to meet tight deadlines