Overall Job Description
The Senior Technical Administrator is the main operational role for the provision of the operational services.
The Senior Technical Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of datacentre environment hardware and software and related infrastructure.
He participates in technical research and development to enable continual innovation within the infrastructure.
Participation in projects to warrant a smooth transition of projects into daily operations by performing activities linked to operations within the project life-cycle.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the CI/CD domain within a large environment .
- You own an university degree or equivalent level through experience and professional training;
- You possess the ability and willingness to quickly learn new technologies, capable of self-study;
- In addition to your strong communication skills, you are structured, process minded and able to maintain the high level overview
- You are fluent in English (at least B2 Level). French is considered as an asset;
- You can work independently and can manage your time;
- You are eager to work in a dynamic multi-national environment with a strong customer focus
Technical Knowledge and certifications
- Experience working with Kubernetes
- Familiar with github, and CI/CD pipelines (Jenkins/CircleCI)
- Experience with Docker, Microservices and container deployment and service orchestration
- Working knowledge of monitoring and alerting production deployments
- Experience with configuration management tools such as Puppet or Chef
- Experience with Infrastructure automation (Terraform)
- Experience with one or more of the main stream scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, Bash etc…
Activities (proactive and reactive)
- Build, maintain, and scale infrastructure for Production, QA, and Dev environments.
- Develop and maintain Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration systems.
- Participate in ongoing design, implementation, and maintenance of systems and tools across our cloud stack.
- Work closely with Development and QA teams to help ensure end-to-end quality.
- Write and maintain infrastructure documentation.
- Own production incidents/issues and provide level 2 response to infrastructure incidents and alerts.
- Work with third-party vendors to resolve infrastructure issues.
- Apply analytical thought processes to quickly understand technical challenges. Learn new technology concepts swiftly and comprehensively. Effectively pass those technologies and concepts to the rest of the team.
- Collaborate on cross-functional & distributed teams to understand business requirements and provide architecture solutions to business problems.