The Cloud engineer will support operations for AWS hosted platforms and some on premise systems. He will build and automate highly available, elastic, and secure cloud-based infrastructure. The cloud engineer will work in a wide variety of areas including infrastructure automation, security, configuration management, continuous integration, continuous deployment as well as mentoring colleagues across other teams..
Supported technologies include UNIX, Windows, AWS (EMR, EC2, S3, RDS), AWS CloudWatch, Batch Scheduling (JAMS), SQS, and Python.
The cloud engineer will participate in the implementation of automation and apply other DevOps solutions.
Required Experience and Education:
- Experience deploying and maintaining infrastructure on a major cloud provider (AWS, Azure,…)
- Experience using common infrastructure as code tool-sets such as CloudFormation, TerraForm, Cloud Deployment Manager
- Working with common CI/CD and version control technologies (Jenkins, Git, etc.)
- Creating, configuring, and running containers (Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- Proficiency in one or more common infrastructure automation languages (Shell Scripting, Python, etc.)
- Experience working with AWS
- Knowledge in one or more Windows and Linux scripting languages like bash, PowerShell, Python
- Strong experience with Windows and Linux OS
- Infrastructure knowledge in DNS, DHCP, LDAP and cloud storage
- Experience supporting systems in AWS at an enterprise level. Specifically working with EC2, S3, RDS, EBS Volumes, ELB and Security Groups
- Designing, defining, and administering multiple environments for new or existing computer systems hosted on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Analyzing AWS services and offerings in order to recommend implementation and automation options
- Recommendation of security services and offerings for AWS
- Apply knowledge of the latest trends in the System Engineering industry
- Knowledge of setup/provisioning of server environments (SDLC) in support of application releases
- Systems integration experience desired (We have many integrated applications. This position will provide support to application teams for establishing connectivity between systems during design, development, and operation.)
- Experience with application deployment.
- Experience with automated deployment tools is a plus.