The Hartford Steam Boiler Inspection and Insurance Company (HSB), a part of Munich Re since 2009, provides equipment breakdown and other specialty coverages, inspection services and engineering consulting that set the standard for excellence worldwide. One of the world’s leading equipment breakdown insurers, HSB helps clients reduce risk through a unique combination of specialty coverages, engineering-based risk management strategies and loss prevention services. A.M. Best Company awarded the HSB Group of companies its highest financial rating, A++ (Superior). We look ahead, anticipate risk and leverage our knowledge and experience to develop new solutions to help our clients meet tomorrow's challenges. To see the future we see check out our LinkedIn page: http://www.linkedin.com/company/hsb
The Position of the Certification Engineer is a responsive position.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Certification of Pressure Equipment under the PED 2014/68/EU
- Assist applicants through the certification process
- Issue Work Orders to inspectors and auditors
- Compile necessary documentation for certification
- Confirming compliance of reported tests with requirements
- Final review of all documents prior t:o certification
- Interpretation of codes, standards, norms, regulations and specifications
- Primary contact for technical questions related to the product being certified
- Working within a team that manages large PED projects
- Supporting clients and inspectors for the applicable projects with expert know-how
- Monitoring fixed price jobs
- Maintain professional proficiency by reviewing internal technical documents and updates to codes, standards and norms.
HND or higher in an engineering discipline, or equivalent experience
A minimum of two years’ experience in Engineering, with pressure equipment or a related field
Knowledge of fabrication activities, including design, welding, materials and quality systems
Capable of understanding and interpreting engineering codes and standards
Dedicated to meeting customer needs and business growth
Must possess a high level of initiative, self-motivation, work independently and yet be team focused.