An empowered position in Maersk Line’s Business Finance team being the focal point for management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.
With the aim of anchoring finance further within the business we are organized in four dedicated teams each responsible for the different business functions: Operations, Trade and Marketing, Commercial and Maersk Liner Business.
This position is dedicated to Intermodal as a cost area in the Business Finance Operations team that interacts primarily with stakeholders in the Operations function as well as internal stakeholders in Finance. The Operations function is responsible for the global operational expenses, designing our network, managing our capacity and executing the day-to-day cargo operation in our Liner Operation Clusters (LOCs). Decisions made in Operations have a significant impact on the financial performance of Maersk Line and you will play a key role being part of Operations commitment in driving our cost leadership strategy.
As a Senior Analyst in Business Finance you will work together with a team of highly skilled and talented people in an international environment, getting early empowerment and responsibilities as well as exposure to the stakeholders in Operations. You will join a diverse organization with a lot of future career opportunities as a strong performer. This position also closely works with our extended team in the Global Shared Services based out of Chennai.
Functional reporting to the Head of Business Finance Operations, interacting with multiple stakeholders within Maersk Line.
As part of the Business Finance Operations team you will be responsible for running part of the standard operating system for specific cost areas, including preparing and hosting management cost review meetings as well as driving various ad hoc financial analyses to stakeholders in Head Quarter as well as in the LOCs.
Maersk Line has recently implemented a new financial management information system and as an Analyst you will work with multiple aspects of our financial reporting and system optimization. You will play an active role in supporting the business in using and developing the system further as well as the developing the operating model.
In the role as a Senior Analyst you will work with peers across Business Finance teams, Operations as well as senior management as a sparring partner.
The objective of the Business Finance Operations team is to support the decision making processes in Operations driving performance and value by providing management reporting, forecasting, performance management, deep dive analysis and finance related business support.
Who we are looking for• You hold a Master’s degree in finance or economics (Cand.Merc, Cand.Polit, Cand.Oecon if from Denmark, or equivalent) with academic results in the top end of your peer group.
• You have more than five years of work experience from analytical positions within finance, management reporting, financial planning and analysis, management and/or strategy consultancy, business development or equivalent.
• You have a thorough understanding of finance and a sincere interest in working with and supporting the business in driving performance and value.
• You are result driven and have a strong logical and analytical capacity being well organized with high attention to detail.
• You are a self-starter with a strong driving force, striving for continuous improvement and wanting to solve problems even if finding answers are not easy.
• You are an extroverted team player who are used to and enjoy working independently with ability to engage with and influence, guide and challenge multiple stakeholders.
• You have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, strong integrity and a humble personality that goes well with people at all levels in a global organization.
• You are used to and enjoy working in a challenging, fast paced and changing environment dealing with a lot of different tasks at the same time.
• You are skilled in Excel and PowerPoint, while experience with SAP and SQL is a plus.
• You are skilled in written and spoken English. Danish is not required.
Last application date: 16 November 2015.
For further information, please contact: Karolina Grad, Recruitment Partner at +44 2392564945 or Martin Kragh Hansen, the Hiring Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org..
Maersk Line is the world’s largest container shipping company, known for reliable, flexible and eco-efficient services. We operate 610 container vessels and provide ocean transportation in all parts of the world. But not only do we power some of the world’s largest ships – we also propel the growth ambitions of businesses and individuals all over our planet. Every day our 7,000 seafarers and 25,000 land-based employees at 374 offices share their expertise with our customers around the world to optimize their supply chains, maximize their distribution networks and most of all realize their business potential. We are devoted to creating simple and reliable solutions for our partners, continuously lifting industry standards and enabling global trade in the most sustainable manner possible. What we do is more than shipping. We deliver promises. Promises from customers and businesses all over the world.