EURES Milano Rif. 124/2019
BIOLOGICAL HAZARDS AND CONTAMINANTS RESEARCH SCIENTIST
- support the drafting of scientific opinions by extracting data from dossiers
- draft clear, concise and structured scientific reports using appropriate scientific terminology
- perform literature reviews
- search databases, understand and interpret scientific reports in order to compile evidence (data and information)
- support the team in the evaluation of data, including epidemiological, traceability and molecular typing data, for the production of joint EU agencies' Rapid Outbreak Assessments.
- contribute to the validation and assessment of data on zoonoses, foodborne outbreaks and antimicrobial resistance (collected in the zoonoses database) in order to prepare background information to be included in the Rapid Outbreak Assessments.
Skills and knowledge required:
- Excellent knowledge of English (at least B2 level)
- Master's degree in life sciences;
- Between 2 and 4 years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in generating, collecting and collating evidence, as well as in writing and reviewing scientific documents.
- Knowledge of epidemiology, food-borne pathogens, food-borne outbreak detection and investigation, food hygiene, zoonoses surveillance, antimicrobial resistance, molecular typing and risk assessment methodology.
- Working with others, analysis and problem solving.
Assignment: initial contract 1-2 months starting from 1st of January, with possibility of extensions
To apply for this position, please send your CV and motivation letter in English to email@example.com