Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a pioneering technology leader that is helping to increase access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all. We help to power your home, keep the factories running, and our hospitals and schools open. Come as you are and prepare to get better as you learn from others. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and plug into a team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
Do you have a proven track record in the field of bid management, underpinned by a solid understanding of this market? Are you a highly motivated team player with the determination needed to drive business forward in a fast-track environment? If yes, then you might be the one we are looking for.
We are looking for a Bid Manager at Hitachi ABB Power Grids, Transformers business in Vaasa (Finland), Ludvika (Sweden) or Cordoba (Spain). The key role will be to support the front-end sales organization throughout the entire sales process. Specifically, it is about creating offers for combined transformer and service packages, from multiple factories. You will evaluate customer requirements within the utilities, industries and infrastructure segments in order to draw up competitive, tailor-made solutions.
- Leading the sales tendering team consisting of sales managers from several factories responsible for putting together a winning offer in time or acting as a bid manager and factory sales manager for complex tenders from a single factory.
- Creation of competitive offers for transformers and additional services including their cost calculation, taking into account market-oriented technical and commercial aspects and based on the relevant internal guidelines and processes
- Ensuring the coordination with the front-end sales (FES), factory sales as well as all support functions in order to develop a cost-optimized solution in accordance with customer requirements
- Coordination of supporting work from operation and product units and from external suppliers for the preparation of offers
- Active sales support with administrative tasks within the sales process, especially with offer and risk reviews, strategic considerations of the scope of delivery and determination of appropriate contractual conditions
- Technical support for the front-end sales organization in meetings, presentations and negotiations
- Active support in market development in collaboration with new and existing customers
- Defining sales price based on market price and cost calculation.
- Communicate the value propositions of the products, systems and services provided by HAPG transformers
- Active development of our solutions, in line with customer specifications and general market requirements
- Several years of professional experience in the areas of sales, bid management or sales support or alternatively in project execution (project planning, commissioning, or similar) with a focus on power generation or substations
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering, ideally with a focus on electrical power engineering
- Strong awareness of costs, quality and contractual matters
- Good understanding of the presentation and documentation of solutions
- Excellent written and spoken English skills
- A high level of initiative and independence
- Good communication, negotiation and decision-making skills
- Adherence to deadlines, reliability and a structured working style
- Skills to lead a team (bid management of larger projects)
- Willingness to occasionally take short trips as part of the offer activity
More about us
Hitachi ABB Power Grids is a global technology leader with a combined heritage of almost 250 years, employing around 36,000 people in 90 countries. Headquartered in Switzerland, the business serves utility, industry and infrastructure customers across the value chain, and emerging areas like sustainable mobility, smart cities, energy storage and data centres. With a proven track record, global footprint and unparalleled installed base, Hitachi ABB Power Grids balances social, environmental and economic values, and is committed to powering good for a sustainable energy future, with pioneering and digital technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid.
Apply for the position with the job id FI50852879 at https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/career.
Only applications through https://www.hitachiabb-powergrids.com/career are applicable