Have you seen the videos on YouTube, where a deaf child hears its mothers voice for the first time? If you have not, please go to YouTube and google “cochlear implant” before you read on.
At Oticon Medical we are super proud to make some of the most advanced and complex hearing solutions in the world. Our goal is to provide hearing impaired people with the sounds of life that allow them to live normal lives with friends and family.
We are extremely dedicated to our mission – and we want you to come along! So, if are you looking for an international MedTech company working on the forefront of technology, look no further! We would love to welcome you as our new software guru!
Your focus – Fitting software for hearing implants
In your new job, you will join a pan-European team of app. 55 people with development units in France, Denmark, and Poland.
You can apply to be part of our Software R&D department either in Smørum (close to Copenhagen), Denmark or in Nice, France.
The software products you will be working on, are developed for our customers (hearing care professionals) who use it to individually fine tune our hearing implants to the individual need of the users. It is a desktop application, but mobile apps and cloud-based solutions play a (growing) part of our deliveries. We continuously work to adapt and optimize our development methods and we are significantly influenced by agile development thinking.
You can look forward to a challenging position with the following responsibilities:
• Architecture: Design and develop the software solutions by driving design discussions, decisions and participating in supporting daily tasks within the team
• Knowledge sharing: Learn and share best software development practices within a curious and motivated team
• Innovation: Identify and drive activities for improving engineering practices, tools, infrastructure and other quality system processes and deliverables
• Quality and security: Ensure standards and compliance to Oticon Medical QMS Design control procedures are met through documentation, risk analysis, design reviews etc.
In general, we hire more on mindset than on skillset, but to make our hearts beat a little faster, we hope to see the following in your CV:
• Master’s degree - or equivalent - in software engineering with 3-5 years’ experience
• Experience with software architecture design and documentation
• Hands-on experience with .NET technology stack with focus on application development using C#, F#, WPF, XAML
• Strong foundation in design of complex software interfacing with firmware and hardware
• Ability to develop and mentor team members and guide technical direction of teams
• Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail with a strong focus on quality
• Understanding of agile development methods and agile software organizations
• Excellent stakeholder management skills with verbal and written communication expertise in English
• Previous experience in leading medical device software development
• Knowledge of design control standards and regulations – FDA QSR, GMP, ISO13485, IEC 62304, IEC 62366, ISO 14971
• Experience in digital signal processing
As a person, you thrive with having numerous stakeholders and close collaboration with your team colleagues. You seek a constructive dialogue with your peers and the business in general. Likewise, you are open to challenge but also be challenged on your views and knowledge. Finally, working in an open atmosphere and offices suits your style of work.
We dare to make a difference
Together with your talented colleagues who take pride in making a difference, you will have the opportunity to put your mark on tomorrow's solutions. We are at the forefront of the latest technology, constantly working to improve hearing solutions so that our customers can add value for users, and we can strengthen and develop the business. You will be working in a growing international company, where there is rich opportunity for professional and personal development. You will be part of a dynamic environment built on trust and openness, where you will find a strong will to win. Occasional travels to/from Copenhagen and Nice will be a natural part of the job but can be arranged to suit individual needs.
Please have a look, how it is to work here at Oticon Medical: https://youtu.be/29EYaUuO2yw
Want to join the team?
Then send your application and CV as soon as possible as we have an open application deadline. We close the job ad when we find the right candidate and provide a reply accordingly and continuously during the application period. Please apply on www.job.oticon.com.
If you would like to know more about the position, you are welcome to contact Head of Fitting Solutions, Rajat Mehta (firstname.lastname@example.org).
We are look forward to hearing from you.
Recruitment agency? Thank you for your interest, but we are sourcing all our candidates directly or via our preferred suppliers. We appreciate you trying but please keep in mind that any unsolicited profiles you send us will be treated as direct applications from the candidates.
Because sound matters
Oticon Medical is a global company in implantable hearing solutions, dedicated to bringing the magical world of sound to people at every stage of life. As part of the Demant group, a global leader in hearing healthcare with 15,000 people in over 130 countries, we have access to one of the world’s strongest research and development teams, the latest technological advances and insights into hearing care.
Our competencies span more than a century of innovations in sound processing and decades of pioneering experience in hearing implant technology. We work collaboratively with patients, physicians and hearing care professionals to ensure that every solution we create is designed with users’ needs in mind. We share an unwavering commitment to provide innovative solutions and support that enhance quality of life for people wherever life may take them.
Because we know how much sound matters.