Wärtsilä is an innovativetechnology company known forbeing a forerunner in the Marine and Energy markets. Every day, we – Wärtsilians - put our hearts and minds into turning Wärtsilä's purpose of enabling sustainable societies with smart technology, and our Smart Marine and Energy visions into reality.
We want to transition the world towards a cleaner future. By pushing the boundaries of engineering and technology, we can make it work. Together, we can create new business opportunities and more sustainable future that we can all be proud of. Want to join the ride?
Wärtsilä Shared Service Center (WSSC) supports the Wärtsilä companies in financial accounting and other operational tasks and acts as a gatekeeper to ensure compliance. WSSC is striving for harmonized
one global Wärtsilä way of working worldwide with high quality, timely, effective and efficient processes. WSSC is sharing best practices and knowledge with focus on continuous development and operational excellence.
We are now looking for an energetic and customer-oriented Accountant to strengthen the Accounts Payable team. The position is temporary for 12 months and located in Vaasa, Finland.
What do we offer?
- Collaborative, supportive and innovative atmosphere
- Great colleagues and a multicultural working environment
- Possibility to develop your professional skills with modern tools
- Career progression opportunities within a global organisation
- Validating that the incoming purchase invoices fulfil the essential quality requirements and follow the country-specific legal standards
- Handling of purchase invoices by choosing the correct G/L accounts and correct VAT, or booking them against the correct purchase orders and items
- Developing the Accounts Payable process
- Monitoring of the overall invoice flow and the accounts payable ledger
- Supporting the purchase invoice approvers in invoice handling and answering questions from our suppliers and internal customers
- Handling of month-end closing related tasks, such as accruals
- Continuously improving the process within own responsibility area
- Give input to robotic process automation (RPA)
- Other tasks related to monitoring and quality control
- You have a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Economics
- Systematic and organized way of working
- Self driven and development oriented attitude
- Good knowledge of English, other languages seen as advantage
- Good knowledge of VAT and other tax regulations
- Knowledge of the finance module in SAP and the purchase-to-pay process
- Positive attitude and proactive thinking, interest in process optimization
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Flexibility and good team working skills, ability to coordinate work within team
- Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving capabilities
Please apply through Wärtsilä Careers by January 19th, 2022.
Contact person to give further information:
Manager, Accounts Payable and Travel Expenses
Last application date: 19/01/2022
APPLY THROUGH HERE: Accountant, Accounts Payable (wartsila.com)
At Wärtsilä we value, respect and embrace all our differences, and are committed to diversity, inclusion and equal employment opportunities; everyone can be their true self and succeed based on their job-relevant merits and abilities.
All new Wärtsilä employees in Finland will attend occupational health check, including the drug test/screening. The legislation of the country followed when person is located outside of Finland.
This is Wärtsilä
Wärtsilä is a global leader in smart technologies and complete lifecycle solutions for the marine and energy markets. By emphasising sustainable innovation, total efficiency and data analytics, Wärtsilä maximises the environmental and economic performance of the vessels and power plants of its customers. In 2020, Wärtsilä’s net sales totalled EUR 4.6 billion with approximately 18,000 employees. The company has operations in over 200 locations in more than 70 countries around the world. Wärtsilä is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki.Find out more atwww.wartsila.com.