At Synopsys, we’re at the heart of the innovations that change the way we work and play. Self-driving cars. Artificial Intelligence. The cloud. 5G. The Internet of Things. These breakthroughs are ushering in the Era of Smart Everything. And we’re powering it all with the world’s most advanced technologies for chip design and software security. If you share our passion for innovation, we want to meet you.
We’re looking for a Senior Technical Writer to join our team.
Are you interested in developing documentation for innovative optical design software?
Synopsys’ Optical Solutions Group is a leading developer of optical design and analysis tools that model all aspects of light propagation, enabling users to produce accurate virtual prototypes leading to manufacturable optical systems. With CODE V® imaging optics design software, LightTools® illumination design software, and the LucidShape® products for automotive lighting, the Synopsys Optical Solutions Group has a long and successful history of providing innovative solutions to the most complex optical engineering challenges.
In this role you would be planning, organizing, and writing documentation for our LucidShape automotive optical design products. You’d leverage your strong understanding of software documentation best practices, information design, project management, and outstanding writing skills to support our customers’ success.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Technical Writing, Computer Science/Engineering, Physics, or applicable degree
- 5 years of experience writing software documentation in English, preferably for CAD/CAE or engineering software applications
- Outstanding English written and verbal skills, with attention to detail and writing standards
- Excellent interviewing and interpersonal skills
- 5 years of experience using FrameMaker and online help authoring programs
- 5 years of project management experience. Proven ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Experience documenting macro interfaces or APIs
- Proven record of technical writing excellence with 3-5 writing samples available
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills. Experience developing and improving documentation processes
- Proficient in image-editing/graphics programs
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Familiarity with issue and project tracking software, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Experience with structured authoring systems. Experience using Webworks ePublisher and Oxygen XML Editor a plus
- Write, edit, and maintain software documentation including reference materials, online help, user’s guides, and release notes
- Collaborate with optical and software engineers, customer support engineers, and other subject matter experts to gather information, learn about new software features, and write or update product documentation as needed
- Work closely with documentation team members to report on project status, manage priorities, ensure consistency with corporate documentation standards, and recommend initiatives to improve product documentation and documentation development processes
- Participate in project and task planning with the software engineering team
- Manage change requests that come out of the product development process, and ensures that the documentation reflects those changes
- Prepare documentation for publication in electronic and printed formats
- Prepare documentation for localization
Inclusion and Diversity are important to us. Synopsys considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, military veteran status, or disability.